Class Trial #6: The Beacon Of Hope

(3rd Person's POV)

Junko: Anyway, where were we...? Oh right, the final vote! (Goes into her Monokuma persona) So? What will it be? Will you choose to live in here forever in peace? Or will you go ahead and die in the outside world...?

Makoto grit his teeth. This situation went from bad to worse to catastrophic! Now the others are in even more despair than ever before! But still...he can't lose hope now! And neither can the others! Because to live in despair...

That's not living at all...!

---

NONSTOP DEBATE: MAKE YOUR ARGUMENT!

Makoto: We won't give up...! As long as there's hope, we'll never give up!

Junko: If I were to die...that would be the end of Hope's Peak Academy.

Hiro: ... ... ...

Junko: By the way, the air outside is totally polluted, ya know. The only reason we're okay in here...is thanks to the air purifiers in the physics lab.

Hina: ... ... ...

Junko: If I die, the purifiers will screech to a halt. In other words, as soon as I die...the communal life you've all been living will come to an end.

Genocide Jill: ... ... ...

Junko: All of you will have to leave. You'll have to go into the world outside, where only death and despair are waiting...

Byakuya: ... ... ...

Junko: Oh, and by the way... Shirayuki, if you go out into the outside world...there's a high chance that they'll kill you on sight. After all, you are a member of Ultimate Despair...

Sora: ... ... ....

Junko: So? What are you gonna do? Will you just die? Is that what you want?

Kyoko: ... ... ...

Junko: There is no hope left in the world. When you sleep, it's on a bed of despair... The world is in despair. You are in despair.

Makoto clenched his fist. If he doesn't do something, everyone's gonna get consumed by despair...!

The boy closes his eyes, thinking. Junko...she says that there's no hope left in the world. But if despair is as contagious as she claims...then so is hope! He'll use his own hope to plant seeds of hope inside everyone else!

Makoto's New Argument: Hope

Hiro: ... ... ...

"DON'T LOSE HOPE NOW!"

---

Hiro: All my fortune-telling senses are telling me not to leave this place...

The man folded his arms, conflicted on what to do.

Hiro: ...Ngaaaaaahh! But to live means moving forward, right...? So even if it's hard...even if we're scared...we don't have any choice, do we? I want to keep on living! I want to open the next door! There must be something new waiting for me! So that's why... That's why...!

The man made his decision as he declared.

Hiro: No matter what, I need to get outta here! The whole fortune-telling thing doesn't matter anymore! What matters is my own gut feelings!