Chapter 41: Survivor Reunion

(3rd Person's POV)

The dining hall is usually where we meet up... Sora thought as she and Kyoko walked up to the doors to the hall. Wonder how they'll react...

---

The two girls opened the doors to the dining hall, and the first thing that greeted them was...

"Skrgh@yaGfew, anji&\krakAW;! fzzlbRff#[]" Monokuma popped up, speaking with unintelligible gibberish.

"What the...?" Sora mumbled.

"Hrskzzzz_dat.; EgspllER103.2.1.255"

"Uhhh...what's up with him?" Sora wondered.

"I suppose his emotional instability reached its limit." Kyoko guessed.

"aG^3. 4sum=(SEN|akt~____ 61!" Monokuma spoke and just as quickly as he appeared, the bear hopped out.

"I...I don't..." Sora was at a lost for words.

"I wonder what that was all about..." Kyoko mused.

Sora let out a sigh. "Jeez Louise..."

"Ah--!" A voice exclaimed as the two turned to see the other students staring at them with bewilderment.

"Is that...Shirayuki?" Hina asked in awe.

"Oh hey, guys." Sora casually greeted with a wave.

"It is! There's no two ways about it, that's Shirayuki!" Hina beamed.

"You're okay!" Makoto smiled, relieved.

"Huh? You s-survived?" Toko stuttered.

"Jeez... You're like a stubborn little cockroach, you know that?" Byakuya rolled his eyes, though a faint smile was present on his face.

"I'm just asking to make sure, but...you're not a ghost, right?" Hiro apprehensively asked.

Everyone was there. All her comrades that she had struggled with and survived together... As soon as she saw their faces, Sora couldn't help but make a small smile.

But suddenly, everyone stopped in their tracks. "Wait...what's that smell?" Byakuya asked.

"Yeah man, that seriously stinks!" Hiro groaned as he covered his nose.

Hina widened her eyes as she realized. "It's Shirayuki! She smells like a wet dog!"

"Agh! Mistress, get away! Shoo! Shoo!" Toko demanded as she backed away.

"..." And in a flash, Sora's smile quickly dropped back into her uncaring expression.

---

"Shirayuki!" Hiro greeted. "What was it like hanging out in the spirit world!?"

"...I'm not the Avatar, Hiro." Sora deadpanned. "I didn't go into the spirit world." 

"Did you get to talk to her?"

"Who?"

"Miss Cleo!"

"Nah, I didn't talk to her. ...No wait, I didn't go to the spirit world at all!" I don't even know who "Miss Cleo" even is...

---

Byakuya folded his arms. "I still can't believe you survived."

"Yeah, I can't either..." Sora sighed.

"You do realize why it is you escaped execution?" Byakuya asked.

Sora nodded. "It was Doppelgänger. She...she saved my life."