Chapter 23: Bodies Piling Up

(3rd Person's POV)

Everything was covered in pink. And in the center of all this pink was...

"Y-Yamada...?" Makoto whispered as he looked at his dead body in horror.

Sora sighed. "Good grief..."

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!" Hina screamed.

"I-It looks like something...very bad has happened..." Celeste grimaced. "I certainly was not expecting this. I did not imagine that Yamada would be murdered!"

Sora looked at Celeste as she cocked her head to the side, confused. Since when did she start showing this much emotion?

"M-Murdered!?" Hina exclaimed in shock. "You're not serious, are you!? He's not really dead, is he!?"

BING, BONG! BONG, BING!

"A body has been discovered! After a certain amount of time, which you may use however you like, the class trial will begin!"

The students looked up at the monitor, their worst fear becoming reality.

"What the...?" Hina looked at the monitor.

"That was...the body discovery announcement." Celeste said.

The body discovery announcement... When three or more people discover a body after a murder, that's what plays. And since they just heard it, that means...

"It must mean... Yamada... Someone killed him. One of us..."

"One of...us?" Makoto looked at Celeste in disbelief.

"And look at that..." Celeste pointed to something on the floor... Something that had also been on the floor after the last two surprise attacks...

Sora looked down at the ground. Another hammer... Justice Hammer 3... And it's even bigger than the other two...!

"I knew it." Sora spoke. "One hit from that, and it's game over for you..."

"Then the killer..." Makoto trailed off as Celeste nodded.

"There can be no doubt. The suspicious individual, going by what Yamada called him... the culprit must be Robo Justice. Whoever's hiding in that costume is the one that killed Yamada!" The gambler exclaimed.

"But...wait... You saw him on the 3rd floor, right?" Makoto mentioned. "Running back into the hall... So how did he end up in the nurse's office?"

"We can figure out that part later. Right now, we have to tell the others." Celeste told him.

"Y-You're right." Makoto nodded.

The three then glanced at Hina, who was frozen in place as her bright blue eyes lost their color.

"..."

"Hina...snap out of it." Celeste walked up to her and gently shook her.

"...Huh?"

"Are you okay, Hina?" Makoto asked, his tone full of worry.

"S-Sorry...I'm not sure I can move right now..." Hina said as her legs wobbled in fear. "I-I'm feeling kinda..."

"This is a problem. We can't just leave Hina here alone." Celeste said.

"Okay, then me and Shirayuki'll go get everyone." Makoto volunteered. "You stay here with Hina!"

"..." Celeste stayed silent for a minute, as if thinking about something, but nodded. "Very well. I leave it to you, then."

"Okay! I'll be back soon!" Makoto exclaimed as he and Sora left the nurses office. The boy tried to sound confident and upbeat, but...he hadn't stopped trembling from what he'd seen...