Chapter 10: Are You Enjoying The Game?

(3rd Person's POV)

DING, DONG! BING, BONG!

"Good morning, everyone! It is now 7 a.m. and nighttime is officially over! Time to rise and shine! Get ready to greet another beee-yutiful day!" Monokuma's voice rang throughout Sora's room.

"Mmmph..."

"Oh, that's right! I wanted to let you know that your e-Handbooks have been updated! New regulations have been added, so please take a look and enjoy your school life more than ever before!" The monitor than shut off.

...He must be talkin' about the rule he added yesterday. Sora thought. "Loaning your e-Handbook to another student is strictly prohibited."

"But...I need to head to the dining hall. Auuugh..." Sora groaned.

---

Despite every single part of her wanting otherwise, Sora immediately went to the dining hall. Per the norm, she was one of the first people there.

Soon, the others started piling in. Makoto eventually came in, but unlike the other days, he wasn't the last one there, as Byakuya and Taka had yet to attend.

"Mornin', Naegi!" Hina greeted him with a smile.

"Good morning. Is everyone here already?" Makoto asked.

"Nope! Still waitin' on Togami and Taka." Hiro said. "Togami's no surprise, but it's strange Taka's not here yet..."

"Knowing Taka, I imagine he is trying to get the King of Tardiness up and out of bed." Celeste commented.

"I'm sure they'll be here soon enough. Just be patient." Sakura spoke up.

"I don't mind waiting for them, but there is one problem..." Celeste said.

"Which is...?" Makoto inquired.

"I am thirsty." She said, causing the others to sweatdrop.

"That sounds more like a you problem..." Sora told her, making a dismissive wave.

"Yamada, would you make me some tea?" Celeste sickly smiled at the writer.

"...Huh?" Hifumi tilted his head.

"Milk tea, if you please."

"Wh...why me?"

"Your roundish figure reminds me of the owner of the coffee shop I used to frequent."

Well, that's offending... Sora thought.

 "I can feel my throat drying out. Quickly, please." Celeste requested, though it sounded more like a demand.

"O-Okay..." Hifumi nervously nodded, apparently unable to man up and refuse Celeste's order. He sulked his way into the kitchen. And a few minutes later...

"Thank you for waiting!" He reappeared with tray in hand, the gentle aroma growing stronger as he approached.

Celeste giggled. "Hmhmhm. Finally..."

"You c-could've made some for the r-rest of us, you know..." Toko narrowed her eyes.

"I emphatically decline! You're not my type at all!" Hifumi exclaimed. "Hmhm... It's all about the law of causality, basic instinct, act and react!"

"Grr..." Toko growled.

"Well then, if you don't mind..." A small smile played across Celeste's lips as she held the tea cup delicately in her hand... "...Wait."