Chapter 43: Class 78th

(3rd Person's POV)

After searching the control room in the Data Center, Sora continued walking through the halls of the school. The blonde had her mind made up as she stopped and reached the destination.

The headmaster's room... Sora thought as she went inside.

---

So...this is the headmaster's room. I've heard an awful lot about it, but this'll be my first time that I see it for myself...

"Ah, Shirayuki. It's you..." A voice said as Sora turned her head to see Byakuya.

"Togami..."

"Well, you came to the right place this time. Would you like to see something interesting?"

"Uhh...sure. What do you mean "something interesting"?"

"Take a look at this..." Byakuya handed her a booklet with the Hope's Peak emblem on it. "It was on top of that pathetically ostentatious desk."

Sora took it and read the title. "Class #78...Student Registry...?"

"It contains profiles for all of us...and Ikusaba." Byakuya informed. "Apparently class #78...refers to us."

"Wait, when we found Ikusaba's profile in Kiri's room..." Sora recalled. 

Byakuya nodded. "That's right. It also mentioned class #78. This must be where Kirigiri got that page. And since the rest of our profiles are listed in there along with hers...there can be no doubt. Ikusaba was a student here at Hope's Peak Academy, just like the rest of us." He deduced.

That must be how Kiri learned about her... 

"But it seems that Kirigiri was in a hurry..." Byakuya said.

"How so?"

"I'm talking about when she stole it. The uneven tearing, the way the paper had been crumpled, she must have been in a hurry."

"Well, she did sneak in to get it, so it's not that much of a surprise that she was rushing. What's your point."

Byakuya smugly smirked. "She was in so much of a hurry...that she only got the first page."

"...What?" Sora wondered.

"Correct. Ikusaba's profile actually contains two pages."

"...What." Sora deadpanned.

"In other words, when it comes to this profile...there was more information about Ikusaba that we still didn't have." Byakuya said.

"Well, what kind of information was it?" Sora asked.

Byakuya groaned. "Why do you ask me to explain every little thing? You can read, can't you? It seems to be some sort of detailed report put together by the headmaster himself. I don't know what kind of man he was, but I'm glad he left us such an interesting clue..."

Sora rolled her eyes and tuned Byakuya out as she skimmed through the report.

---

"Ikusaba reappeared suddenly, and in the background an entity floats, close but just out of reach. The entity known as...the Ultimate Despair. Right now, I can't be sure if this is a single person, or some kind of group. Whatever it is, Ikusaba definitely has some sort of connection to it.

"I have a bad feeling about all this. I need to push forward with my research into the Ultimate Despair. And I need to pay attention to Ikusaba's behavior, too. This is just my gut feeling, but I think she's dangerous. Despite the countless battles she must have gone through as a member of Fenrir, when she entered Hope's Peak, she didn't display any signs of battle wounds or scars. That fact alone proves her tremendous skill in battle.