Chapter 44: Curious Questions

(3rd Person's POV)

What does it mean...? What does it all mean...?! 

Sora found herself frustrated. In a surprising show of emotion, she clenched her fist. She was in the Art Room, wanting to be alone.

She couldn't get the image out of her mind. A photograph of all the other students, alive and dead. She has no memory of taking that picture, nor does she remember meeting or knowing the other students before entering Hope's Peak.

But...everyone was in that photo except for her.

Wait. Sora thought.  Everyone was in that photo, even Mukuro...Except me. Except...me... Does that mean...? 

"Hey, Shirayuki!" A voice said as she turned her head to see Makoto entering the Art Room. "There you are. I've been looking everywhere for you."

"..."

"Look, I need to talk to you about something, and-" Makoto noticed the stare Sora was giving him. "What's wrong?"

Sora continued to give him a suspicious look. I know it's unlikely, but the fact that everyone was in that picture apart from me is...worrying...

Sora shook her head with a sigh. "I need to go."

"W-What...? Hey, wait!"

Makoto reached his hand out, but it was too late. Sora had dashed out of the Art Room, leaving the boy alone.

"Why...?"

---

Sora was walking through the hall, the only company being the sounds of her Mary Janes tapping against the floor. She didn't want to coldly leave him like that, but after what she saw, she believes it's better to avoid him before she gets any clear answers.

"Good grief..." Sora sighed before she continued walking.

---

Sora opened the doors to the Bio Lab. She decided to visit the place one more time. And the first thing she saw was...

Toko, passed out on the ground. Again.

"Fukawa?" Sora walked up to her unconscious body and lightly kicked her arm. She dead or something...?

Suddenly, Toko's body sprung back up. "Kyeeehahahaha!"

"..." Sora didn't react, only backing up a bit. Genocide Jill...

Genocide Jill shivered. "It's cold... It's super cold! It's so cold, I think I might catch a cold!"

"Well, if you keep napping in places like this, you will..." Sora mumbled.

"What, I was asleep? Ahh, I musta fainted again!" Genocide Jill realized before gushing. "Ah, Mistress! I bet you were standing there, staring at me, getting all excited! Weren't you!?"

"No." Sora bluntly answered.

"Oh, then what? Hot and bothered? Straight-up horny!?"

"Nope."  She shook her head before changing the subject. "Anyway, why'd you pass out here?"

"I dunno! Last thing I remember was me waking up just now! What'd you do to Miss Morose!?" Genocide Jill asked.

"Oh yeah, I forgot. Your memory stops and starts every time you switch..." Sora recalled.

"Bingo bazinga! We share some basic knowledge, but our memories are very much separate!" Genocide Jill informed. "And don't say it like it's a bad thing! It's a blessing as far as I'm concerned! Cuz even if she forgets something, I totally remember! So it's like double the memory!"