Chapter 17: Doppelgänger and Alter Ego

(3rd Person's POV)

Hina leaded the students to the bathhouse, where she apparently saw this "ghost" of Chihiro.

"I-It was right here... I saw it right here in the dressing room!" Hina exclaimed.

"Urg... I'm getting goosebumps..." Hiro nervously said.

"Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fhtagn!" Hifumi chanted.

"Shut up! What if he actually shows up!?" Hiro yelled.

"Hina...where was it you saw Fujisaki's ghost?" Sakura asked.

"Well, I heard a sound...and when I opened the locker..." Hina started to explained as she shivered at the memory. "I saw a kind of...pale outline of Fujisaki..."

Sora walked over to an open locker and looked inside to see...

"A laptop?" Sora spoke out loud as the other students gathered around the locker where she was.

"What's something like that doing here?" Makoto inquired.

"I remember seeing this..." Kyoko mused as Sora nodded, flashing back to when she saw the laptop in the library.

"But how did the laptop get from the library...to here?" Makoto asked.

"And...I guess it's in sleep mode, but...the power is definitely on." Kyoko added.

"Huh? But I thought it was broken..." Makoto said.

"I would bet that Fujisaki fixed it." Sakura assumed. "After all, he was known as the Ultimate Programmer."

"More importantly..." Celeste looked at Hina. "Hina, you said you saw a green light, yes? Surely you did not mistake the light of the monitor for a ghost?"

"..." Hina's silence and expression said it all.

Celeste sighed at this. "I am surprised you are able to dress yourself in the morning."

"Oh man. If I had the "loves clueless girls" attribute, I would've fallen in love big-time just now! I'm so glad I don't have it..." Hifumi chuckled.

"Really, Hina?" Sora deadpanned. "I knew you were ditzy, but this...this just takes the cake."

"Sh-Shut up! What would you do if you saw something like that?!" Hina tried to defend herself.

"Oh, I dunno...not think it was a ghost and scream my lungs out?" Sora snarked in a deadpan tone.

"Look, I didn't really expect to find a freaking laptop inside a freaking locker, okay!?" Hina yelled.

"It's okay. I mean, anyone can make a mistake like that." Hiro told her. "As a matter of fact, one time I thought I'd spotted a Grey alien, but it turned out to be a tadpole!"

"Don't compare what happened to me to one of your stupid delusions!" Hina exclaimed.

"Don't be mean! I was just trying to make you feel better! What if I get all depressed forever now!?" Hiro complained as Sora rolled her eyes.

"But listen, isn't this really strange? What's this laptop doing in here?" Makoto spoke up.

"Maybe someone hid it here." Kyoko guessed.

"If that's the case, we found it pretty easy..." Hiro said.

"Whoever put it here, I don't think they were trying to hide it from us." Kyoko said.

"Huh...? What do you mean?" Makoto questioned.

"Haven't you noticed? There's one big difference between this room and all the others."