Chapter 183

When the doctor came over to rescue Qiu Li, his breath and heartbeat were already weak. The dagger was surgically removed.

The old doctor took off his mask. The operation had lasted for eight hours from darkness to dawn.

Nuonuo and Tao Zui sat outside.

She was holding the peace knot in her hand.

Tao Zui knew the situation of Qui Li more than anyone. If he had luck he once possessed, he could've been rescued. But now ... it couldn't be.

Tao Zui said, "Do you like him?"

Nuonuo fist tightened and she said nothing.

He looked at the sky and said, "You can go home in a few hours. The doctors have come out. He may not hold for long. You can finally leave him."

Nuonuo finally responded. She controlled the trembling in her voice and tried to calm herself, "Don't talk nonsense."

Tao Zui shrugged. It was clearly not nonsense, but women were such creatures who liked to deceive themselves. Even beautiful women were no exception.

However, Tao Zui sighed and asked, "Anyway, there are still few hours, aren't you curious about how he attracted the soul to this world?"

Nuonuo wasn't curious.

She hugged herself. She always thought that Qiu Li killed her, so she was afraid of him and hated him, but it wasn't. Except for being annoying at first, he treated her seriously well.

Tao Zui had curiosity. It may be several years before he could learn to attract souls. However, at present the atmosphere was bad. If he had luck, he could watch his memory and learn how to lead souls.

Nuonuo was unmoved, he thought for a while, "You should go and see. He had paid a lot for you. If you leave him without knowing anything, then he will be really pitiful."

When Nuonuo and Tao Zui entered the room together, he said, "You lay beside him and hold his hand."

Qiu Li's face was pale and his vital signs were already dropping.

She laid silently beside him. Her small hands gently held his big palm. She didn't actually want to see his memories, but she just wanted to accompany him quietly for a while.

Qiu Li wouldn't have been like this if he didn't like her.

Nuonuo turned her head to look at him.

If it was the past and she was so close to him, his black eyes would have a bright smile, but now his body was cold.

Tao Zui told Nuonuo, "If you feel unwell, you can tell me."

Nuonuo was quiet and gave no response.

He was Tao Zui and shouldn't be blamed for his lack of virtue. Qiu Li wanted to kill him in the past, so he had to learn how to induce souls.

He was reciting about the array of symbols for an hour.

Nuonuo's eyelashes twitched.

At that time, Qiu Li's hands had no temperature.

She remembered that day when she left him like this. Her body had gradually cooled. Qiu Li's eyes were red, he screamed. His pleadings were useless. How desperate had he been?

She didn't think about it for long, and soon a white light flashed. She saw a picture.

Nuonuo couldn't tell the current timeline. It seemed that after she met Tao Zhu, she realized that there were still many amazing things in the world.

She saw Qiu Li.

A haggard madman was holding an ashes altar and had committed suicide by taking sleeping pills.

Nuonuo looked around and the wall was full of photos.

The room was like their wedding room, and the photo was a wedding photo he photoshopped. He was deceiving himself.

Aunt Chen found something wrong and rushed him to the hospital.

He survived. As the Tao Zui said, with his luck it was hard to die.

Qiu Li also seemed to know this fact and he found Tao Zui.

Tao Zui knew that Qiu Li had the heart to kill him, so he quickly suggested that he would study Soul Guidance to help him find Nuonuo.

Inducing souls to pull people over was easy, but finding people was the difficult part. The consumption of soul wasn't affordable for ordinary people.

He studied it for three years. Qiu Li looked for her for three years.

For six years, he struggled just to see her.

Then Nuonuo saw the first time he tried attracting souls. They went to the beach and Tao Zui lit twelve candles. What burned was Qiu Li's luck and blood.

Twelve candles lit together.

Qiu Li bore the pain. His forehead had cold sweat and he was curled up.

The taste of skin peeling and removing tendons was the kind of pain he suffered.

When he woke up, he looked at the blue sky and the sea washed the coast.

He only said one sentence, "I didn't find her, did you find her?"

Tao Zui remained silent for a long time and said, "There are other methods."

What were the other methods?

The flames burned his soul.

That was Qiu Li's fourth time attracting souls.

He knelt in pain on the ground. His face was pale and trembling.

"Don't try anymore, you would die."

"I am already dead."

He died on the day Nuonuo left.