Chapter 72

Humans could control behavior, but they couldn't control words.

When the rumors intensified, even the class teacher Zhao Li came to know about it. Later evening self-study, Zhao Li called Nuonuo to the office.

There were only three teachers in the office with Zhao Li.

One was preparing lessons, Zhao Li and another teacher were correcting the paper. Seeing Nuonuo walk in, Zhao Li put down the pen and pointed to the seat next to her, "Sit."

Nuonuo sat down.

Zhao Li didn't talk gossip as soon as she opened her mouth, but took out Nuonuo's paper from a pile of papers.

Zhao Li gave her the paper; "I have seen that you are taking classes seriously this semester, and your grades got higher each time. I am very pleased. If you keep this up, you will not have a problem taking the entrance examination."

Nuonuo said, "Thank you teacher."

"But recently I heard some bad things saying that you ..." She couldn't speak those words, after all, she was a teacher. Zhao Li said, "Are they all true? I remember your family environment is not bad."

How could she be reduced to the point that she needed to be supported by a gold master? Zhao Li was most worried about this.

"You are still young, and you may regret it if you take the wrong step."

The teacher on record couldn't help but look up at Nuonuo.

She saw the beautiful girl, eighteen years old, with soft pink cheeks and full eyes.

It seemed that this time the rumors were a bit excessive.

This may affect her college entrance examination.

Nuonuo shook her head, "Teacher, they aren't true."

Zhao Li frowned, "These are all groundless? I heard that you got in and out of school in a luxury car, and a middle-aged man in his 50s came to pick you up."

Nuonuo didn't deny it, "Well, he is the driver, Zhang Shu."

Zhao Li knew that Song Lian and Nuonuo's family were okay, but it was far from grandiose.

Therefore, Zhao Li said more euphemistically, "If you have any difficulties, you can tell me. I will think of a solution with you, don't ..."

"Teacher," Nuonuo spoke softly and looked at Zhao Li, "I am not a kept woman, not like those rumors."

Zhao Li looked at the girl's clear eyes and didn't know what to say for a while.

After all, the girl said no, and it wasn't good to interfere in private matters.

"Okay, then you go back and study hard."

This matter made a loud noise and soon the Office of Academic Affairs would know about it.

Nuonuo turned back when she walked to the door, "Ms. Zhao, can I live on campus next semester?"

~

While Qiu Li was busy with the company, he heard about Nuonuo's situation.

Hearing the rumours, Qiu Li raised his eyebrows, "How did she react?"

The man said, "Miss was a little frustrated, but she still goes to school on time and studies hard."

Qiu Li's fingers were casually placed on the table. He couldn't control the rumors. After all, even if he made people stop talking, they would still talk behind their backs.

"The news also said that Hang Rui was on the basketball court that day and took the young lady to the infirmary."

Qiu Li already knew it. He lowered his eyes and didn't want to hear it again.

But recently, Nuonuo was extremely cold, she seemed to ignore him. She didn't forgive his previous behavior, but she couldn't avoid being in the same environment as him.

At night, Nuonuo returned.

She changed shoes at the entrance and found that Qiu Li came back very early today.

This man had always been murky.

When Nuonuo went upstairs with her eyes down, Qiu Li said, "Come here."

Nuonuo hesitated, she didn't want to face him.

Qiu Li said, "I called your teacher just now."

Nuonuo stared at him and walked in front of him, "Why?"

He laughed, "I am concerned about your situation at school."