Chapter 104

She came to Lijia Village only once.

From that day on, Qiu Li would never let her go out again.

When she discovered this, it was a heavy snowfall in the morning. Nuonuo looked through the window and found that there were children in the distance making snowmen. Her hometown didn't have snow like this. It often fell on the first night. The road was wet the next day, but snow would not accumulate.

Nuonuo wanted to go and see.

Qiu Li touched her hair, "The outdoor temperature is particularly low today. If you want to play with snow, I will tell Xue San to make a pile for you."

Nuonuo thought about it and nodded.

Xue San asked his men to make snowmen in the yard.

Nuonuo looked down at the window and felt weird.

In the afternoon, Grandpa Qiu happily came to Nuonuo. He wanted to take her to see the particularly interesting parrot at his old friend's house in the village.

Nuonuo smiled softly, "Okay."

However, Qiu Li said, "It's the Spring Festival. It's not good to disturb people at this time. After all, we are outsiders, and others want to be reunited with their family."

Grandpa Qiu said angrily, "You are the only one who visits their relatives only during the New Year. People in Lijia don't pay much attention to this. What's wrong with me taking Nuonuo out to play?"

Qiu Li froze, "Grandpa can go by himself, Nuonuo wants to study. Didn't you say she had to take the college entrance examination? She shouldn't be playing."

Nuonuo looked up at Qiu Li with pink cheeks.

He touched her soft hair, "Good, study at home."

The old man turned his head, "I will go by myself."

Nuonuo finally realized what was wrong.

Qiu Li came to say, 'I only say it once, and Nuonuo will follow me.'

He was talking about a fact.

He didn't let Nuonuo follow him, but wanted to take over her completely.

Her time, freedom, preferences should be all about him.

He was using his own way to subconsciously influence Nuonuo.

Once he could, he would one day imprison her.

Nuonuo felt cold, but the man looked like nothing happened. He raised his eyebrows, "Why are you looking at me like that?"

Nuonuo shook her head and whispered softly, "It's nothing, I'll go study."

Nuonuo only realized suddenly that the college entrance examination was not an opportunity for her to leave. It was the deadline he gave her.

She couldn't wait any longer.

Nuonuo had to find time to convince Grandpa Qiu to help her, or she might not be able to run away in her life once she returned to City B

~

However, Qiu Li was with her all the time, and it was New Year's Eve.

Every household in Lijia Village began to display fireworks. Various fireworks bloomed in the dark night and dazzled like flowers.

When Qiu Li saw that Nuonuo liked fireworks, he said, "Xue San can prepare them."

He naturally ignored the ordinary fireworks here and went out to order Xue San.

Grandpa Qiu took out a box from his hand and sighed, "Nuonuo, are you willing to accept this?"

Inside the box was a jade bracelet.

Grandpa Qiu said, "This was passed down in our family. It's given to the Qiu's wife."

Nuonuo looked at the doorway. In the dark night, Qiu Li was not there. The sound of fireworks outside almost overshadowed his words.

Nuonuo shook her head gently.

"Sorry, Grandpa Qiu. I won't lie to you. I always wanted to leave him. At first, I couldn't leave because of other reasons, but now I can. Can you help me?"

Grandpa Qiu closed the box. He was not too surprised.

Grandpa Qiu nodded and sighed, "Grandpa knows that you are wronged. You are afraid of him, I can see it."

Nuonuo pursed her lips.

Grandpa Qiu said, "Qiu Li's parents died when he was seventeen."