Chapter 43

When Qiu Li went back, Nuonuo and Song Lian had finished the meal together. The embarrassment filled the air.

Nuonuo planned to go upstairs to study after eating.

Song Lian looked at her back thoughtfully. It turned out that Qiu Li didn't spend much time with Nuonuo every day. Only at night would they meet, she had to go to school and he had to go to the company. Since Qiu Li used that method, it proved that Nuonuo didn't wait to see him.

What she hoped to get, Song Nuonuo rejected .

Nuonuo just went upstairs, and Qiu Li came back.

When he came back, he was the kind of rich man Song Li disdained most before. However, this time she no longer dared to act arrogant in front of him. She rose subconsciously, "Mr. Qiu."

Qiu Li changed his shoes, and Aunt Chen took his coat. The night was a bit cool, and when he came in, the whole night got colder.

Qiu Li glanced around and found that Song Nuonuo was not there.

Aunt Chen said, "Miss went upstairs to study."

Qiu Li nodded. Without looking at Song Lian who was standing there, he went straight upstairs.

Song Lian gritted her teeth and felt embarrassed.

Aunt Chen said lightly, "If Miss Song feels wronged, she can ask Mr. Qiu to go back home."

Song Lian was not reconciled. She glanced at Aunt Chen. Why was even a servant partial to Song Nuonuo?

Aunt Chen watched Song Lian go back to the room without any fluctuation in her face.

She had lived most of her life, and had the ability to see through people. Song Lian's heart wasn't good.

Aunt Chen went to prepare milk for Nuonuo.

Nuonuo was reciting the words. She locked the door and put on headphones to listen to English poems.

Although most of the knowledge was similar, the teaching materials were different.

When Qiu Li opened the door and entered, the girl murmured in front of the window. In front of her was a bright starry sky, lining the night, making her look more beautiful.

The girl's voice was low and soft, he knew she was reading English with audio.

Qiu Li didn't understand very well and could only recognize a few words, but he just felt her voice was good.

He stood at the door, she looked very serious.

Qiu Li began to believe what she said about studying hard.

But why did Nuonuo want to study hard?

It could never be for him.

The warmth in Qiu Li's eyes dissipated. She wanted to get into a good university and then stay with her little boy.

A chill rose in Nuonuo's back. She took off the headphones, turned around, and saw Qiu Li at the door.

Nuonuo almost exclaimed in shock.

She clearly locked the door! How did Qiu Li come in?

Immediately, Nuonuo knew that Qiu Li didn't understand how to respect a person's privacy. He was the owner of the villa and naturally had the key to each room.

As the male lead, he wouldn't ask for permission before entering the room.

Qiu Li's pupils were dark, and when he saw her look startled, he smiled, "What did you just read?"

Nuonuo was distraught, Qiu Li looked normal though. But she thought that he was going to get crazy the next moment.

She was most afraid of meeting Qiu Li at night.

Nuonuo replied to him in a low voice, "Emily Dickinson's poem, 'If I Never Saw the Sun'."

When Qiu Li came over, Nuonuo felt uncomfortable. She stepped back till she was pressed against the desk.

Qiu Li looked down at her English book.

He couldn't understand the string of birds above, but the Chinese characters translated below were interesting–

I could have endured the darkness,

If I had never seen the sun.

However the sun had desolated me

To become a newer desolation.

He lowered his eyes, and the girl's head almost reached his shoulders.

She leaned against the desk, and subconsciously resisted him.

"Nuonuo."

She lifted her eyes, and looked at him anxiously.

He snorted, "Who is your sun?"

Confusion arose in Nuonuo's eyes. What was Qiu Li talking about? However, his eyes were dangerous. Nuonuo was afraid of dying, so she could only shake her head, "I don't understand."

His eyebrows rose sharply, his expression went colder, "I thought you were wronged by me, or did you miss your brother Hang Rui?"

Nuonuo suddenly opened his eyes and looked at him.

The two were facing each other, and Qiu Li's black eyes were cold. Hang Rui? How did Qiu Li notice Hang Rui? Obviously, this time she didn't choose to flee with Hang Rui, but also gave up drawing him into this mess.

Qiu Li still knew about Hang Rui's existence.

What Nuonuo was most worried about happened. Although Aunt Chen liked her very much and she was very kind to her, they were working for Qiu Li, and they also depended on him to support them. Song Li's words in the afternoon must have reached Qiu Li's ears.

With Qiu Li's disposition, he might suddenly want to kill Hang Rui.

Hang Rui looked great to his peers. He was a talented teenager with outstanding achievements. But in front of Qiu Li, he didn't even have the power to resist.

She wouldn't let Hang Rui get involved!

Nuonuo's dream was definitely the same as countless young people; to study hard and stand out. If Qiu Li was unhappy with Hang Rui, then he would definitely not be able to live peacefully.

Nuonuo resisted cowardice and looked into his eyes.

She knew that she couldn't plead at this time, because the more she pleaded, the more he would care. Nuonuo wasn't stupid, Qiu Li had not killed her so far, he may be very interested in her.

She shook her head and filled her eyes with sincerity, "I am not wronged, I am not worthy of Mr. Qiu. As for Hang Rui, he is very proud and I don't like him."

His eyes didn't change, and he seemed to examine the sincerity in her words.

Nuonuo looked at him nervously.

He smiled, "Song Nuonuo, you stupid girl, playing with me. Are you afraid I will kill him?"

Nuonuo was so miserable, it wasn't easy to fool him at all.

This wasn't the case with other transmigrated novels where the CEO was easily fooled.