Just An Old Friend (Part 1)

This story contains light swearing.

"What are you doing?" She asked him with a hint of an angry voice she was trying to cover up, her arms crossed.

He quickly turned around to face her. No matter how much he tried to pull up an innocent smile, she knew there was something suspicious. He quickly hid something he was holding in his hands behind his back.

"What are you doing in here without my permission?" She then asked angrily, her eyes locked onto his.

"I-I was looking for you, but you weren't here." He let out, not knowing if he'd get out of this situation well.

"What's that behind you?" She focused her gaze on his arms which were still behind his back.

"What do you mean?" He tried.

"Jay..." She gritted her teeth, trying to calm down and not start a mess.

After thinking about all of the possibilities of trying to flee, Jay decided to give up and talk about it.

"Nya," He started, not daring to look at her. "I'm so sorry. When I got into your room and couldn't find you, I was gonna leave."

"But...?"

"But then your phone rang. It was right next to where I was. I swear I didn't mean to read the message you got, the display turned on and it was a coincidence, but now... I'm worried."

The angry look on her face faded away quickly as she started to walk towards him and stopped right in front of him. "What is it? What are you worried about?" She asked.

He looked into her eyes while showing her her phone he was holding behind his back. She took the phone and started to read the message which was still on the display. Apparently he didn't even have time to unlock her phone when she got back.

'Wassup bitch? Just wanted to say that I'm gonna be back in the city soon, so you know what that means.. how about we relive some of the memories we have, eh? Also I heard you have a family now, so you can actually disappoint someone now, I'm so happy for you!! Have you even told anyone about me yet or are you still the coward you've always been, lmao!? Anyways, see ya!'

The person who sent this message was not in her contacts, so there was just a random number. However, she knew exactly who it was from. She kept staring at her phone, at the message. A lot of memories passed her brain at once. Memories she had buried deep down and never wanted to let out.

She was deep in thought when she heard Jay's worried voice. "Nya?"

She lifted her head up to look into his blue eyes which were filled with concern. Not knowing how to start, she looked back down.

"Nya, what's wrong?" This time, he put his hand on her chin and lifted her face himself. He did not want to pressure her, but he needed to know what that message was about.

Even though her face was directly facing his, her eyes looked into a different direction. She was scared to look into his eyes. Jay could feel that this had to be a sensitive topic, so he did what he always did whenever she needed to be comforted. He pulled her into a tight hug without saying any word for the entirety of the hug. He was sure that it wasn't a secret she kept from him because she didn't trust him, he assumed it was hard for her to talk about. He assumed it hurt.

At first she was surprised, but then she quickly melted into the sudden move of his. She wrapped her arms around his torso and pressed her face against his left chest, lightly feeling his heartbeat.

He could hear her mumbling something into his chest. "That's Rick."

"Rick?" He didn't know a Rick, she had never mentioned that name before.