Heart Of The Ocean

What is this? My first, actual request? Damn right, it is! Thank you, @byjuless_, for your request! I changed it up a bit, but I hope you still like it.

Set sometime after season 15, Crystalized. Enjoy!

Everyone has at least once felt like they were in a boiling pot. Not literally though, I would hope. Sometimes, heat is all we need and want, but other times, it can be a real pain. But that's not something that just we, the normal and boring people, can experience, no. Sometimes, heroes can feel like they're being grilled as well.

"Can't we just let Zane freeze this place down?" Cole whined as he fanned himself with a magazine.

"Did you forget that we've already tried that?!" Kai exclaimed. He was lying face down on one of the couches in the living room, taking up all the space. He groaned before jerking up and getting off the couch. "I can't take it anymore," he muttered before gripping the hem of his red tank top and taking it off aggressively.

Cole threw him a short glance before looking back at the TV. "If you want to give me a strip tease, then now is not the time," he jokingly said.

Kai rolled his eyes at him as he let himself fall back onto the couch. "Not the best time for jokes, Cole."

"Meh, jokes are always appropriate to make."

"You're such a Jay," Kai mumbled under his breath.

Cole stopped fanning himself and slowly turned to look at Kai who also froze and shot him a side glance to see if he heard what he had just said.

The Master of Earth went back to look at the TV. "I'll pretend you never said that."

"I'll go get some ice cubes to rub against my body," Kai said, sighing.

"Not possible," Cole answered. "You know that Lloyd has already taken every single piece of ice from the freezer and filled his kiddy pool with it for himself. Just go and take a cold shower."

Kai groaned. "I've already taken four within three hours, Cole. At this point, I'm showering in my own misery."

"Quit whining, we're all being affected by the heat," Cole told him.

"Lies!" Kai yelled out desperately. "My literal elemental power is freaking fire, I'm hot all the time as it is. And then there's Zane! O-ho-ho, Zane. I wish I could just lower my body temperature like he can," he sighed.

"What are Jay and Nya doing to avoid this hell house?" Cole asked, covering his face with the rather cold pages of the magazine.

Kai shrugged. "No idea, but they fled the monastery this morning. They wouldn't tell me where they were going, though."

"That's weird. Do you think they're hiding something from us?"

"Nah, I think they just want some couple time. But I do wonder about where they might be, they are probably doing way better than us right now," Kai admitted.

Meanwhile...

"Get back here, you little brat!"

Looking back at his fallen creation, he sighed. His laughing girlfriend wasn't any help either.

"Stop laughing at me, will you? This is serious!" he shot her a disappointed look while slowly shaking his head.

"Sorry, sorry," Nya let out, trying to calm herself down.

"Damn, right, you should be!"

"Hey! It's not my fault your sand castle was destroyed!" Nya defended herself, lightly laughing again.