Once Upon A Plastic Ball

Jay sighed as he looked away from the clock on the wall.

It had been three hours since Nya left the monastery to hang out with Skylor.

Training was canceled for the day because Master Wu had finally given in after all six of the ninja were on their knees and begging for him to cancel it.

Well, that was exaggerated because Lloyd was the only one on his knees after he had lost a game of rock-paper-scissors. Kai was recording him while Jay and Cole were laughing at him. Meanwhile, Zane was counting up all the good reasons as to why it was appropriate for Wu to give them a break for a day. Nya was just standing there with a cup of coffee in her hands and occasionally throwing in sarcastic comments.

And after Wu had seen how his students were going that far, he gave up and left the monastery for the entire day.

Usually Jay and Nya would've spent their free time together, but Nya had once promised Skylor to go shopping with her the next time she had a free day which happened to be this time.

And Jay was fine with that because he knew how much Nya liked to keep her promises. That was one of the many things he loved about her.

But now he was bored.

He could go to the games room and play some video games with the others, but he didn't feel like socializing with any of them at the moment.

He groaned and grabbed his phone. Unlocking it, he went on different social media platforms, immediately regretting it once he came across the many thousands of notifications and friend requests from fans.

Looking through the list, he realized that they were all sent from seemingly women or teenage girls... like always.

Seriously? He had a girlfriend of more than four years, and his fans still thought they had a chance?

Ignoring all the requests, he put his phone away again and opened his laptop to watch his favorite show he had recently discovered.

Just as he was about to click play, his phone began to ring.

He picked it back up and saw an incoming FaceTime call from Nya. Smiling, he accepted and held the phone in front of his face so that she could have a good view of him.

"Hi!" he exclaimed, immediately looking at his girlfriend.

Nya smiled at him. "Hey Jay."

Jay's smile faded a little bit when he looked at Nya's surroundings. There was a white pillow behind her which she was leaning against, and he could've sworn he remembered her going out in a blue sweatshirt, and not in something white.

"So... where are you guys?" Jay asked, a bit suspicious.

Nya started to laugh, although Jay could openly see it was forced. She ran a hand through her bangs, slightly messing them up. "It's a funny story, really."

In the background, he could hear bickering. He recognized it as Skylor's, so at least she was still with Nya.

"Nya, did something happen?"

His Yang then started to giggle uncontrollably, worrying Jay at once. Before he could say anything though, he saw how Nya's finger was hovering above the screen for a second before she activated her back camera.

Jay gasped at what he saw. She was lying in a bed in a white hospital gown. Her left leg was wrapped in a huge cast. A little bit of the room was visible as well, but it was obviously a hospital room.

Jay's posture stiffened and he quite literally threw his laptop off of his lap and sat up straight.

"Nya, what happened?!"