Coffee And Biscuits

"What's gotten you so groggy this fine morning?" Kai asked his sister, laughing.

Nya halted in her steps and just stared at her brother who was seated at the dining table with everyone else already sitting.

She was thinking about many things, but she was way too exhausted to point out how horrible her brother's attempted British accent was.

Nya wordlessly walked over to her seat and plopped herself down next to her boyfriend and Lloyd.

Everyone watched her as she grabbed the chocolate cornflakes and poured some into her bowl that was already placed neatly in front of her, her spoon lying next to it.

"Mom called," she finally answered Kai who instantly froze in his spot.

"Oh God," he commented. "What did she want?"

Again, everyone waited for Nya's answer while she carelessly poured some milk into her bowl. Then she picked up her spoon and stirred around in her bowl before taking a bite.

As she chewed her meal, she stared out the window across from her, completely ignoring her anxious brother who was still waiting for an answer.

"She's gonna visit with Dad this afternoon," she said after swallowing.

"What?!"

"Exactly."

"Come on, your parents aren't that bad," Cole chimed in, his spoon full of his own food in his hand.

"Dude," Kai glared at him.

"It's true, Kai. Be glad you have both parents who love you to pieces," Cole sighed, taking a bite.

The others around the table looked at each other, concerned.

"You're right," Kai admitted. "Sorry."

"It's fine."

They all fell silent and ate their food until a phone started ringing loudly among them.

"No phones at the table!" Wu exclaimed. "How many times do I have to tell you?"

"Sorry, Master, I have to take it. It's my Ma," Jay excused himself and walked out of the room.

After a few minutes, Jay walked back into the room and sat back down on his seat. He nervously fiddled with his fingers while avoiding eye contact with anyone.

"Everything alright?" Nya asked him.

Jay let out an awkward laugh. "Yeah, everything's great... Everything's just... great."

"Cool, cool," Nya replied, not buying his statement at all. She knew he was going to burst any second anyway.

Just as she had predicted, he blurted his guts out the next moment.

"My parents are coming to visit this afternoon!"

The entire table froze, everyone only stared at each other in shock. Panic was evident in everyone's features, even in Wu's.

"Oh First Spinjitzu Master," Wu muttered under his breath.

"Are you sure?" Kai asked Jay.

The Blue Ninja nodded. "Yeah. She said, and I quote: 'Jay, my boy, how are you? Oh, it's fantastic that you're doing great! Yes, we're great too! Anyways, I called because I wanted to tell you that your father and I will be coming over later.'."

The others stared at him silently. They didn't know what was scarier; the fact that both the Smiths and the Walkers would be visiting or the fact that Jay was able to do a very impressive Edna impression.