A Beautiful Mess

This is basically the Nya version of 'Alone Together' which was requested by @mars-starss. I know this is way longer than Jay's version, but what can I say, I like to add some — sometimes not important — extra content, as you've probably already noticed.

Hope you like it!

As he entered the living room, Jay let out a sigh and headed for an open spot on the couch.

"Was it that bad?" Kai asked, smirking.

Jay looked at him, glaring. "They are not bad. But once they start talking, they won't stop! I don't even know how they can come up with so many things to talk about because every time they finish a sentence, I think 'oh, I guess they're done now', but oh no, they aren't even halfway done which makes me wonder how they managed to raise me without constantly bringing up things they did when they were younger which-"

"Alright, jeez! I have an idea how they might've raised you," Kai muttered, making Jay roll his eyes.

The Blue Ninja leaned his head back against the couch and faced the ceiling with his eyes closed.

"Come on, Zaptrap, your parents aren't that talkative," Cole said, nudging his shoulder.

"You have no right to speak, Dirt Clod! I'm the son here, you're just the obnoxious best friend who gets to see them like every two months."

Cole held up his hands in defense, a playful smirk on his face. "Forget I ever said anything."

Jay playfully punched his shoulder and looked at the TV in front of him. He then snorted. "SpongeBob SquarePants? Really?"

"You're the one who still watches Paw Patrol, so leave Bob alone, mister," Lloyd defended, sending him daggers, before turning back around to look at the TV from where he was sitting on the dark blue bean bag near the couch.

"Fair enough," Jay laughed. Then he looked around the room before scrunching his eyebrows together. "Where are Nya, Zane and Pix?"

"Zane and Pixal are spending some couple time, and Nya is in her room," Kai answered as his eyes were fixated on the TV screen.

Jay nodded before he got up from the couch and headed out of the room. Taking one last look back at the television, he realized he had already seen that episode from SpongeBob SquarePants, so he could leave without regretting not watching until the end.

He strolled down the hallway and opened the wooden door to his bedroom. Closing it after he entered, he immediately walked over to his closet to change into a pair of gray sweatpants and a dark blue hoodie of his. He then neatly combed his hair, only for it to spring back out in untamed curls.

"Meh, good enough," he said, looking at himself in the mirror.

Then he flexed his muscles while looking at himself for a few seconds before hearing his phone ring.

His head snapped towards his desk where he had put it on. He walked up to it and looked at the caller ID.

Sighing, he picked up. "Hey Ma."

"Jay, sweetie, where are you?"

"I'm back at the monastery now," he rolled his eyes.

"Did you get in trouble on the way back?"

"No Ma, I made it home safely."

"Are you sure? You know we could've driven you back."

"I-"

"Are the others there, too?"

"Ye-"

"Darling, why didn't you bring them as well? We would've loved to see them, you know."