Interrogation A Lá Gossip

Sitting on a black couch side by side with her boyfriend, Nya was rather anxious. The two lovebirds were invited to an interview at NGTV News by Gayle Gossip.

And they were about to go live in less than two minutes.

Jay noticed her uneasiness and put his hand on her thigh, making her turn towards him. "Don't worry, it's gonna go fine." He smiled.

She took a deep breath and opened her eyes while slowly nodding. He always knew how to calm her down, even if it was with only a small smile.

There was a black armchair opposite of them where Gayle was supposed to sit on, but she was nowhere to be seen.

Nya wouldn't have even come to this interview in the first place, but Jay was too ecstatic about it. What she didn't know was that he wanted them to attend so that everyone that still had prejudices against Nya would hopefully put them aside and see her the way he saw her. Some people were obviously still not over the love triangle that happened years ago.

Although Nya was used to the spotlight by now, she never actually found joy in it as much as the boys did.

"Are you two ready?" Gayle rushed on stage and sat down on her armchair, putting one leg over the other and straightening her moderation cards on her thighs.

Jay took one last look at Nya who nodded at him. "Yes." He answered for both of them.

Then a very deep, almost robotic voice started to count down. "Gonna go live in five, four, three, two..."

Gayle immediately turned towards the camera, a big smile on her face. "Hello, and welcome to the NGTV News! I'm your host, Gayle Gossip, and today we have two very special guests here with us. Everyone, here we have two of our dearest Ninja, Jay Walker and Nya Smith!"

The camera switched to them and they waved to it as a prerecorded clapping crowd cheered for them.

"Thank you so much for accepting our request, I'm sure a lot of people are excited to hear some news about their favs." Gayle turned towards them, smiling.

"We're glad we were invited, Gayle." Jay answered casually. Nya nodded.

Gayle took a look at her cards. "Today we'd like you to answer some questions from your fans if that's okay with you. We got plenty!" She cheered.

"Sure." Nya's smile was fake and she just wanted to disappear at that point.

"Awesome!" Gayle started. "Our first question is from (...): When did Jay start to plan his proposal?"

Nya slightly raised her eyebrows. The questions were personal...

Jay chuckled, slinging his arm around Nya's shoulders. "If it was for me, I would've thought about proposing the first few days we started dating back in the day." Nya giggled to herself. "But I was thinking about actually doing that when the guys and I were sent to the First Realm. I was like 'if I ever return to Ninjago, and Nya is still in one piece, I won't hesitate to ask anymore'. And that's exactly what I did." Jay looked at Nya who was just staring at him a little bit too dreamily.

A fake audience aww'ed.

"That really is adorable. The next question is from (...): How did Kai react when you told him you wanted to propose to his sister?" Gayle continued.

Jay laughed. "Oh my gosh, I remember it like it was yesterday." He smiled back at the thought. "It was after we had that party after Garmadon was defeated. When everyone," Jay looked at his girlfriend. "went to bed, I sneaked into his room, catching him hugging his box of hair gel..." Gayle looked at Nya questioningly to which the Water Ninja just shrugged. "Then I told him about my plan and he, of course, thought I was kidding and laughed." Jay turned towards the camera, glaring. "Thanks, Kai." Then he looked back at Gale, smiling. "Anyways, when I showed him the pendant, he choked on his own spit and it took him a while to realize I was serious."