To Draw The Line

Nya sighed as she glanced at the several hundreds of people that were standing in a line in front of the six ninja, all waiting for a picture, an autograph, or both.

It was the day that she had been dreading for the past two weeks: The meet and greet with their fans.

Now, Nya was sure that if it had been a few years ago, when she had first been announced to be an official part of the ninja team, she would've gotten only a handful of people in front of her stand.

But now that she was not only known as the Girl Ninja, but more importantly the girl who turned into water, her popularity had risen ever since she returned to Ninjago.

And the worst part? Jay's desk was three ninja away from her. She could barely even see him from where she was sitting.

And she was certain that he would most likely have some... fangirls who were ready to swoon over him openly.

She trusted him, of course. There was no way he would ever let anyone get close to him like she was allowed to. Yet she was not trusting his fangirls one bit.

But no worries, the whole place was covered with security cameras. Nya could easily pay each daring individual a friendly visit after the event.

"These people look like they're ready to jump our bones," Lloyd, whose table was next to Nya's, said, letting a shudder take over his body.

Nya wholeheartedly agreed, feeling like she was being undressed under all the agonizingly excited people's gazes.

She looked down at her hands under the table that were currently holding her phone. Her group chat with the ninja team was open, and the chat was basically exploding with whines of not wanting to be in that room. She, again, agreed.

Lloyd G.
When's this thing gonna end?
sent 11:58 am

Cole B.
Idk but can we eat pizza after this?
sent 11:58 am

Zane J.
It ends at three in the afternoon, Lloyd.
sent 11:58 am

Cole B.
Or can we just eat pizza while sitting here?
sent 11:59 am

Cole B.
Can someone call the nearby pizza place??
sent 11:59 am

Lloyd G.
Why the heck did we agree to this?!
sent 11:59 am

Porcupine
Because we're famous
sent 11:59 am

Sparky
So?
sent 11:59 am

Sparky
Sprongebob is famous too but do we see
him having meet and greets?
sent 11:59 am

At that, the other five ninja slowly looked up from their phones to turn their heads to their left where Jay was seated at the left end of the bunch.

Jay rolled his eyes at them before looking back down to his phone as he began typing again.

Sparky
I was joking
sent 11:59 am

Sparky
You uncultured people
sent 11:59 am

Porcupine
Jay
sent 11:59 am

Porcupine
Just shut up
sent 11:59 am

Zane J.
I would advise us to put our phones
away and focus on the people waiting
for our attention. The event starts in
approximately fifteen seconds.
sent 11:59 am

A few low groans could be heard as the team turned off their phones and either left them on their table or stuffed them into their pockets.

Well, all but one.