The Forbidden Extra Cheese

The honking of the car behind them disturbed the silent atmosphere in the confined space they had been in together for the past hour. It was bad enough that there wasn't much space to move in, but the fact that the movie they had been wanting to go to for a long time was about to end when they didn't even have the chance to see it was frustrating.

Jay glanced in the side mirror to look at the car that brought him out of his thoughts. "I can't move either, you know?" he mumbled under his breath, looking back ahead again.

"That dude is getting very annoying," Nya said from beside him, using the car's distraction to her advantage to start a conversation. "This traffic jam is affecting all of us and not just him."

"How do you know it's a man behind the wheel?" Jay asked in a bored tone. Sighing, he put his head in his hands and rested his elbows on the steering wheel.

Nya shot him a look as if to say he was crazy. "You are aware of the fact that he's been yelling at us for at least three minutes now, right?"

Her boyfriend furrowed his eyebrows as he failed to remember hearing anyone shouting. He then rolled down the window and stuck his head out to look at the car that was behind them. Just a few seconds later, a man stuck his head out of his black vehicle.

"Ninja!" the man gasped when he saw the Blue Ninja himself staring back at him. His expression then contoured into one of anger. "Make this jam disappear, I need to get to work!" he demanded.

Jay rolled his eyes. "And what do you expect me to do? Delete all these cars out of existence?" Before the angry man could give him an answer, Jay pulled his face back in and rolled the window up again.

He relaxed back into his seat as the man started honking again. This time the honking didn't stop after a few seconds. In fact, one long act of honking caused other cars around them to honk in response to his honking which spread like a wildfire of uncontrollable honking.

"You've created a monster," Nya told him while rolling her half-open window up to shut out the loud noises caused by the people that were probably just as frustrated as the couple was.

"I know," Jay answered. "But I stopped caring a while ago. What did Lloyd say?" he then asked, referring to the phone call Nya had had a few minutes ago with their youngest friend.

The team had decided to go to the movies seperately to cause less attention to the fact that the six most famous people of Ninjago were going to watch a movie in a movie theater in the middle of Ninjago City. Whereas the other four members of the team had left the monastery earlier to arrive in the movie theater a bit earlier than the movie would start, Jay and Nya wasted some time working on a new model for a mech that they had been working on for a while now. It was in need for a few finishing touches which the two had decided to take care of immediately instead of later on in the day.

That decision came back to bite them when they got stuck in a traffic jam which they could not escape out of anytime soon.

The possibility of just getting out of the car and finishing their way to the movie theater on foot was there, but they couldn't just be reckless and abandon a car in the middle of the street, traffic jam or not.

"He said that the movie is about to be over in, like, five minutes," Nya said, turning to look at Jay who turned to her as well. "He gave me spoilers. Apparently the main characters-"

"No, don't say it!"

"-split after an argument and meet again after five years."

Jay groaned out loud as he banged his head against the steering wheel which caused it to let out a sudden, loud honk. He flinched away in surprise and then glared at his girlfriend. "You just had to ruin my day even more, didn't you?"