Boobytraps And How To Apply Them

"Are you sure about this?" a male voice whispered.

"Yes, now shut up before anyone hears us!" another male voice whispered back as he got on his tippy toes.

His friend nodded before peeking around the corner. If anyone were to catch them, they'd be done for.

"I'm not so sure about this, Jay," he whispered again.

Jay rolled his eyes as he stood up straight again and stretched his body. "This is gonna work, Cole," he assured. "Besides, he totally deserves what's coming for him," he smirked.

The two quickly rushed to the living room and threw themselves onto the couch. Cole grabbed the remote and turned on the TV which immediately landed on a news channel that was currently telling about a cat that was caught peeing on Gayle Gossip.

"When's he going to be home?" Jay asked Cole who was bickering about the news.

Cole then sighed, smiling. "He should be here in about," he took a glance at the screen of his phone, "four minutes."

Jay nodded and relaxed into his spot. He had a lazy grin on his face that wasn't planning on vanishing any time soon.

He was so laid back and sure of his plan to succeed that he almost missed the shriek that erupted throughout the monastery.

Cole and Jay's heads whipped towards each other and they had mischievous grins on their faces before they leaped up from their seats and rushed over to the scene.

"Ha, gotcha!" Jay yelled as he arrived. But when he finally took a closer look at the victim of his prank, his eyes bulged out of his head, his skin paling and his blood instantly running cold.

The person on the other side of the door had a gray, plastic bucket above their head which was dripping with green dye.

All three figures froze, but Cole slowly walked backwards until he was gone when he saw who exactly was hit with their prank, leaving Jay alone.

Although Jay wanted to yell at his friend for abandoning him, he couldn't get a word out when the person slowly reached up and grabbed the bucket before slowly lifting it over their head.

Jay gulped when his victim slowly turned around and let the bucket fall to the floor.

With a wipe of the eyes to get rid of the green liquid, he found his girlfriend's fiery eyes boring into his frightened ones.

"Nya, I am so sor-"

When Nya brought her hand up to silence him, he stopped speaking and just watched as she let out a heavy huff.

Before he could say or do anything else, Nya stepped out of the room, avoiding his apologetic look, and walked towards the bathroom to take a highly required shower to get rid of the nasty green dye that was completely covering her head and shoulders.

When she was gone, Jay glanced back inside Kai's room and started panicking. Not knowing what to do, he went on a murderous quest to find his best friend who had decided to ditch him like a coward.

He found him in the kitchen eating chocolate cake with shaking hands.

Of course he did.

"Dude!" Jay whisper-yelled, gaining his attention. "What was that?!"

Cole aggressively shook his head before shoving another small piece of his comfort food into his mouth. "This wasn't part of our plan," he said, quickly swallowing the food. "Nya was no part of this."

"I know!" Jay exclaimed. "Why would you just ditch me like that?!"

"Sorry for that, but there's no way I'll be at the receiving end of Nya's wrath," Cole visibly shuddered.