Down The Drain

Spoiler warning: If you haven't watched Ninjago Crystalized, I wouldn't advise you to read this. Though I don't think there's much to spoiler here? Whatever, you've been warned.

Set in/after episode 6 of season 15, Crystalized. Imagine that the ninja have not been imprisoned and they are all just living in the monastery happily ever after or something.

"I need the wrench!"

"She needs the wrench!"

"I don't have a wrench!"

"I have the wrench!"

"Well, give it to her!"

"What happened to please?!"

Nya rolled her eyes as she supported herself on her knee to stand up straight. Stretching a little, she let out a sigh before turning away from the vehicle she had been working on for more than two hours now to face three of her closest family members who were arguing over the wrench she had just requested.

She put her hands on her hips and gave them a stoic look. "Do you guys always have to argue over everything?"

"We wouldn't have to argue if your brother had some manners!" her boyfriend exclaimed, pointing at Kai who was glaring back at him.

"I do have manners, just not towards you," the Master of Fire retorted, crossing his arms and huffing out of his nose.

"Kai," Nya sighed. "Can't you just be nice to Jay for once?"

"Yeah, Kai," Jay mocked. "Would it kill you to use 'please' for once?" he put a hand to his heart in an attempt to look hurt.

"Don't push it, Walker," Kai warned. Then he let out a hard breath before throwing the towel that was hanging down from his shoulder on the floor and storming out of the vehicle bay, leaving nothing but confused stares following his retreating figure.

"What crawled up his panties and died this morning?" Cole wondered out loud, opening a bottle of ice cold water he had grabbed out of the mini fridge and gulping down the contents.

"No idea," Jay shrugged as he turned back around to continue working on his own vehicle.

The four had been working on their vehicles for needed upgrades and features since after lunch, just enjoying the peace each other's company was giving them while minding their own businesses.

Even though the others had disagreed, Nya insisted on going straight back to working for the team.

Yes, she lost her powers, but that didn't mean that she couldn't still work on vehicles and such.

Besides, she was already feeling useless, there was no need for her to feel even worse, especially after having returned not-so-long ago.

Four days, to be exact.

Jay, who quickly finished using the wrench for his own vehicle, turned around and walked across to the other side. "Here's the wrench," he announced, holding it out for Nya.

She smiled at him as she grabbed the tool. "Thank you."

"You're welcome," her Yin answered before walking back to his spot.

"Okay, but seriously," Cole started, catching the couple's attention. "What is wrong with Kai?"

"Everything," Jay muttered under his breath. After receiving a flat look from Nya, he realized he must've spoken a bit loudly, so he straightened up and cleared his throat. "I mean, I don't know," he laughed nervously, watching Nya the entire time to gauge her reaction while he was speaking poorly about her brother. "He's been like this since... forever."