Drama At The Ceremonies

Enjoy this 8300+ words long thing!
I've cried while writing this, so be aware that there are some sad scenes🤚🏻

"Just one more twirl." He pleaded.

"Jay, I've already done enough twirls for you." Nya rolled her eyes.

"Please." Jay begged with puppy eyes, knowing she wouldn't be able to resist.

And just as he had expected, she groaned loudly before making a few twirls before stopping to look at Jay again.

His grin was contagious, however for Nya, it was not really its best timing. "You look amazing!" He said, making her frown, although getting compliments from him was always a great feeling.

She turned around to look in the mirror. "I look hideous." She stated.

Ninjago's second Nobel Prize Award Ceremonies was going to be in two days. It was an event which happened every five years, and it was the first time Nya was going to participate as an official member of the team. Five years ago, she was only Samurai X who was told to sit in her seat, but this time, she was going to be on the stage just like the other five boys.

And a person that was more excited than herself was her boyfriend. Ever since Skylor had to cancel on Nya because a worker at Chen's Noodle Empire was called in sick, Nya had asked Jay if he could go shopping with her. She needed a new dress to match the boys' style.

Nya didn't really have anything against her boyfriend helping her with choosing a dress, but the problem was that he, being her lover, found her beautiful in every single thing she had tried on. And as fluttering as it was, it wasn't helping.

Right now, they were in a clothing shop in one of the dressing rooms.

Nya looked at herself in the mirror, her eyes showing nothing but annoyance. It wasn't that she absolutely hated dresses, but the fact that it was a necessity that women had to attend to the event in a dress, and men in tuxedos, was what ticked her off. Deep down she knew that she wanted to actually wear a dress for once in a while, but having such rules turned her against the thought, resulting in her hating everything she tried on.

However, no matter how much she stated she hated the dress she was currently wearing, she actually managed to find a liking in it.

(I don't own the picture, it was found on Google)

The Ninjas' styles were supposed to be black tuxedos for the boys with bow ties in their gi color, and a black dress for Nya with her own highlights. That was how they had chosen it at the dinner table a week ago.

Nya sighed, turning around to face Jay. "I... actually love it." She murmured, not wanting to admit it.

Jay grinned. "What was that? I couldn't really understand you." He pushed, crossing his arms.