Just An Old Friend (Part 2)

Didn't expect this now, did yaaaa?

Jay took a sip of his orange juice as he watched his friends eat their breakfast. It was the next day and his conversation with Nya about her former friend had been put on ice.

However, his mind wouldn't leave him alone. What did Nya do with the message? Did she reply to him? He hoped she didn't, but there was a high chance she did, and that fact bothered him a lot.

He looked to his left to see his girlfriend peacefully munching on her avocado toast while listening to her brother as he was talking about how he needed to buy new hair gel once again.

He smiled, taking a bite of his own sandwich. Nya was a wonderful person, how could anyone ever treat her like that? Or did she do anything bad? But no, there was no way in hell Jay would ever think that.

He knew his lover had a golden heart.

"Master Wu, could I talk to you for a second?"

Jay was immediately pulled out of his thoughts when he heard his Yang speak up. He was immediately intrigued; what did she want to talk about?

Wu, who had just walked into the dining room, nodded and went out again, waving for Nya to follow. She quickly swallowed down her bite and finished up her dark coffee. Then she got up, gathered her mug, utensils and plate and put them in the sink before heading out of the room.

Jay watched his girlfriend's every move and waited for her to look back at him so that he could throw her a questioning look, but she never glanced back at him.

Perplexed, he looked at the others who paid minimum attention to her, too focused on their own conversation.

"Do you guys know what they're gonna talk about?" Jay asked the other four boys.

They all turned their heads toward him. "Not one bit, but I doubt it's something too important." Cole said.

"Yeah, I'm sure she would talk to us first if there was anything." Lloyd agreed.

Jay nodded absentmindedly, looking down at his plate. He didn't want to spy on his girlfriend, but now...

No, he could never spy on his own Yang. He trusted her, she would tell him everything!

Then why hadn't she told him what she wanted to talk to Wu about?

Before Jay could jump into any conclusions, he heard footsteps walk into the dining room. Expecting to see Nya again, he shot his head up, only to be met with his master.

He raised an eyebrow. "Where's Nya?"

"She asked me if she could skip training for today to visit her parents." Wu stroked his beard.

Jay raised an eyebrow. She hadn't told him she wanted to go to her parents' that day.

Kai seemed to be just as confused. "I didn't know that... I would've wanted to go as well." He crossed his arms in front of his chest, pouting like a little child.

Cole patted his back, laughing. "Don't think about it too much. You'll get your last three brain cells overworked again."

Kai groaned and punched him in the side, obviously not hard enough to hurt his friend.

Jay frowned to himself, taking another sip of his orange juice. He inspected the glass in his hand closely, swirling the last few orange droplets inside.

He counted the points in his head. First, Nya tried to ignore everything about the message. Then, she kept the fact that she was going to visit her parents from her own boyfriend which was very suspicious, considering the fact that the couple would tell each other everything. And lastly, she didn't even say goodbye. Not even a little kiss or anything.