Manipulative Waves

This story contains some swearing.

Caged.

Again.

Why?

Heartbreak. Tension. Pain.

That's why.

But it wasn't anything new. They were ninja, it was a part of their job. But for the first time in their whole career, they didn't have the motivation, the mental strength, to fight. None of them. Yes, to save everyone they had to fight, but if they couldn't even save one of them, why should they go on? How should they go on? They had to.

That's why they tried. They failed, but they tried.

It was their first mission after... the loss. And of course, criminals took that to their advantage. Clever.

The Mechanic, being one of the few criminals that really knew how to tick the Ninja off, was the one to take matters into his hands. Well, one hand and one robotic hand - arm. He knew damn well about their loss, he was one of the few people to have watched the whole scenario like a hawk. He was hiding in a skyscraper across the news tower. He saw every single bit of what happened to the former Water Ninja, to the point where she left. Of course he could not hear anything, yet he still knew exactly what was going on. And that's what he took advantage of.

You could say it was his master plan. He was lividly positive that the protectors of Ninjago would be scarred and hurt, and did he care? Of course not. That's what made his face form into a smile. A wicked smile.

He gathered some low leveled thugs and went to the bank with them. It was nighttime, so there was no one in the bank guarding it. And being the Mechanic, he hacked into the security systems and turned them off. Easily.

Although stealing some gold bars wasn't what he came for. He wanted to go full house. He wanted the Ninja.

So, after some hours of crafting alongside his best men, he easily built some vengestone cages in the middle of the huge basement of the bank. Some might think that was a failure, a waste of time and energy, but he was successful. And he knew that.

The Ninja fell into his trap like a mouse into a mousetrap full of salami covered in cheese sauce. Fake. Just like the over exaggerated laugh of the Mechanic. It was worth puking for.

"You might be wondering how I managed to catch you all," The Mechanic started. He crossed his hands behind his lower back and paced back and forth the cage slowly, taking his sweet time. "You did make it easy for me, silly Ninja."

No one answered. No one gave a damn. They all eyed him, hands on the thick, light black bars of their cage. Weird... there were a lot of cages of every kind of height and weight, but the five Ninja were all in one together.

How? That's something they wondered as well.

Hatred. That's what flowed through their veins. Hatred towards the Mechanic, but mainly at themselves. They all kind of blamed themselves for their significant loss. A loss which they couldn't do anything about. And that's what hurt the most.

"What, did the cat bite your tongues?" The Mechanic laughed. Making fun of the hurt, nice.

Then he dangerously came closer to their cage, watching as they all looked back at him. Annoyance was reflected in all participants. His voice dipped low. "Oh, I forgot to capture the girl, she's late to the party." Then he put his right hand up to his face and started to caress his beard slowly, as if he was thinking. "Wait, that's right, she left you... how pathetic." He laughed.