Some Gentle Sparing

It had been a few days since Levi or anyone apart from the Elite Squad last saw Arden.

Hange noticed how much moodier Levi had become in those few days aswell. Dialing out punishments for any little thing, mercilessly forcing the new recruits to clean excessively. He really had become a moody, short, old man.

She remembered the morning after she teased Levi in the mess hall.

It was now morning and all the soldiers gathered in the mess hall for breakfast. As Hange sat down at the table with Erwin, Levi, Miche and Moblit, her eyes scanned over all the tables. Before landing on the empty spot where someone should've been.

Speaking to no one in particular on her table, she questioned, "Where's Arden?"

Levi immediately looked up to the table she should've been sat at, only to find her missing

"She's not here?" Erwin questioned, placing his teacup back down onto the saucer.

"Nope." Hange popped the 'p' before shouting over to the Elite Squad, "Hey, Kain! Where's your sister?" She beckoned him over.

Now standing infront of the higher-ups table, Kain spoke, "She got a fever. Gonna stay in her room until it goes away."

"Fever?" Levi immediately questioned, "She was fine last night."

Hange raised a brow at him whilst sliding closer to him on the bench, "Ohoho~ and how would you know?"

Pushing her face away with his hand, Levi grumbled, "Tch. Shut it four eyes."

"But she's alright, yes? We can send a doctor for her if it gets worse." Erwin suggested, worried for his friend.

Waving him off, Kain smiled happily, though it still held its signature creepy edge, "Nah, she'll be fine. She has Lydia and Carlisle checking in on her all the time. As much as an asshole he is, Carlisle's actually a big softie. He always takes care of us when someone's sick."

Little did they know that Arden was actually fine. She was just going to spend a while sleeping to rid her of her exhaustion.

"Then update us if her condition worsens." Levi ordered as he put his teacup down onto the table.

Kain glared at Levi whilst dramatically placing his hands on his hips like a child, "And why are you so interested in my sister lately, shorty?"

"Are you looking for punishment, brat?" Levi spat coldly glaring the younger man down.

"Go ahead. Punish me. See if I care." Kain huffed whilst folding his arms over his chest and turning away from Levi.

Tch, this brat. Only listens to his sister. Levi thought as he spoke commandingly, "Fine. Stable duty for a week."

"W-what?!" Kain shouted in surprise, his eyes wide open as he swung around to his Captain.