Aftermath

(Important notice at end. Please read.)

~•~

Setting camp at the ruins of Utgard Castle for the night, the Scouts found themselves overtaken by a Titan horde.

Their chances of survival low.

But when all seemed lost.

One of their own made a shocking transformation.

The main force of the Scout Regiment swooped in and engaged the enemy.

The Titan assault fell before their blades.

However, standing on the wreckage of battle, Eren and the others bore witness to a heartbreaking confession.

"Ymir... Just as promised... My real name is Historia."

~•~

Atop Wall Rose, the Scout Regiment had created makeshift lifts to get those injured and without ODM gear up to the top. It turns out the other shifter they had found was Ymir, the brunette girl with the freckles who was always hanging around Krista. Or Historia, as that was her real name.

Hange and Kain stood off to the side with Historia, the 2 listening intently as the blonde girl pleaded for Ymir's innocence. Hange listened seriously whilst Kain stood with his arms nonchalantly folded over his chest, finding the whole conversation rather boring and lacking excitement.

"Please, you've got to believe me!" Historia cried out, desperate to help her friend, "I'm telling the truth! Ymir could've run away any time she wanted! She chose to fight the Titans to save our lives! She had nothing to gain putting herself on the line like that. Doesn't that speak volumes about where her loyalties are? She should have told us before, yes. She had no right to keep her power a secret." Kain immediately scoffing under his breath at the blonde girls words, now suddenly invested in the conversation, "It's hard to look past how much humankind might've gained from knowing what she's been keeping to herself, but... I think... I think she was just worried about what people might do to her. Clearly her priorities have changed now."

Kains eyes immediately widening as his arms unfolded and fell limp at his sides. Crimson eyes staring at the girl who seemed like she really understood that sometimes, people keep secrets because they don't know what torturous things will happen to them if they were exposed. Does she understand? Does she really understand? I didn't think it was possible for a human to think like that, to look beyond the selfish desires of humanity. He thought to himself, marvelling at the young girl infront of him and wondering how he'd missed such a pure soul. Sure, the rest of his squad had been able to accept the existence of demons, but he thought that was it. And that no one else ever would. But maybe, just maybe. This young girl infront of him could.

"This isn't nearly as complicated as it looks. No one is closer to Ymir than me, and there's no question in my mind whose side she's on!" Historia finished strongly, her unwavering gaze on Hange whom she was trying to convince of Ymir's innocence.

Hange remained quiet for a second, thinking over every little word Historia had spoken. Until she opened her mouth and settled with, "Is that so? Well under the circumstances it certainly behoves us to be friendly. Her priorities aside, I'll wager what she can teach us about the enemy is beyond measure. Probably... Even so." She started walking with Historia and Kain trailing behind her. The crimson eyed man still staring wide eyed at the blonde in utter disbelief, "You say this isn't as complicated as it looks, but from where I'm standing the world gets more complicated by the hour."