Chaotic Nature of it All

Later that afternoon, all the Scouts were gathered in the mess hall eating dinner. As per Hange's request, the Elite Squad joined the higher-ups at their table. Now the 10 of them were sat down in a mostly comfortable atmosphere as they ate.

Levi and Miche sat at the head of the table. On one side sat Erwin (closest to Levi), then Lydia, Kain and Carlisle. On the other side, (closest to Levi) sat Arden, Hange, Moblit and Tobias.

There was some slight tension at the opposite end of the table between Carlisle and Miche. The two had sparred many times and Carlisle still hadn't beat him. So although Miche was receiving hard, cold, stares from the light brunette, he seemed absolutely unbothered.

Hange was rambling on about Titans to Tobias who listened happily and intently. Poor Moblit was sat in between them, an exhausted expression on his face. Lydia was kindly making conversation with Erwin. Carlisle and Miche were having a silent conversation with their eyes. Uncharacteristicly, Kain was completely silent, still awaiting the oncoming attack from his sister.

And Levi was just sat back, calmly drinking his tea. Though he was still awkwardly holding the cup by its rim and. Not. The. Handle.

(Why does he do this?)

Though his eyes were trained on something else. Arden was sat to his right, left elbow propped up on the table and cheek resting lazily on her fist. Her eyes were closed and her long, dark lashes were resting on her cheeks.

"Tch." Levi clicked his tongue as he placed his cup back down onto the saucer. Reaching infront of him, he grabbed the metal teapot before pouring another cup of tea. He added one spoonful of sugar, remembering how she thinks tea tastes bitter with no sugar, but too sweet with two spoonfuls. Then he slid it over infont of Arden.

Gently nudging her arm, he called out to her, "Oi, brat. Drink this before you fall asleep at the table."

Arden's eyes fluttered open, landing on Levi's steel grey ones for a few seconds before glancing down at the cup of tea infront of her. Light steam rising from the honey brown liquid. "Thanks." She mumbled, grabbing the cup by the handle (unlike someone) and bringing it to her lips, taking small, slow sips.

Erwin and Hange, who watched the seemingly insignificant action, shared a look. Erwin raised an eyebrow at her whilst Hange's eyes widened, glinting through her glasses as her bottom lip began to quiver. Agonisingly slowly, she turned to face the Captain and Team Leader. "Levi~." She called in a sing song voice.

Arden halted her actions, blinking blankly a few times whilst lightly shaking her head. Already knowing what's coming, Levi sighed before giving Hange a pointed look, "What?" He questioned, annoyed.

Hange shifted closer to Arden, now propping both elbows on the table and resting her chin on her hands. A big shit eating grin was on her face as she angled her body to face them both. "You made her tea~."

"And?" Arden questioned boredly as she stared expressionless at the woman.

"You don't make anyone tea." Erwin added, causing both Levi's and Arden's head to snap to him in surprise. "You've never made me tea." He finished, sounding ever so slightly hurt.

Levi raised a brow at him before leaning back calmly in his chair, "So what?" He asked boredly.

"And!" Hange added with more excitement in her voice, asking her next question smugly. "Did I, or did I not see Arden giving you your cape back before dinner?"