Home is A Person

Walking down the halls of the barracks in Ehrmich District, Levi had yet to remove his hand from the bottom of Arden's back. And through the light fabric of her shirt, the contact was sending shivers down her spine. Heart beating rapidly in her chest as there was a feeling of excitement washing over her. At that moment, the only thing she could think about was how it would feel if her shirt wasn't blocking his touch. Would his soft yet rough in some patches hand barely brush against her skin? Or would it rest flush up against her, the warmth of his palm embracing her? Would he do that annoyingly comforting thing where he rubbed small circles against her with his thumb? She didn't know. But she wanted to find out.

Immediately she shook the thoughts out of her head, cheeks burning as they turned pink. The continued fleeting touches of his skin against hers left her wanting more. And even something as simple as guiding her with his hand on the small of her back had sent a flurry of butterflies through her stomach.

"Something wrong?" Levi questioned, but there was a small smirk dancing across his features as he watched her reaction. The pink flush of her cheeks being a pleasant sight for him.

She quickly shook her head, pressing her lips into a thin line as she didn't trust herself to form an actual coherent sentence. Levi chuckled beside her, hand gliding tantalisingly across her back until it connected with her hand. Slipping into hers and giving it a light squeeze when the breath hitched in her throat.

Arden turned her head to her right, blood red eyes narrowing into a playful glare at the smug Captain. Then she shook her head, a wide smile spreading across her lips. She knew that he was aware of what he was doing, and that he felt satisfied by it.

But because it was him, because it was his grazing touches and passionate gazes, she didn't feel uncomfortable. She felt happy, excited. Like he was the missing piece of joy and security that she was missing.

So they carried on walking, not really knowing where they were going but knowing that it didn't matter as long as they were together. Hands molded together as if they had been made for that very purpose.

And it was only when Arden heard a barely audible whince, so quiet that if she didn't have enhanced hearing she wouldn't have heard it, that she quickly glanced down to Levi's right leg. Noticing that he had a slight limp, her brows furrowed upwards in worry. Lightly pulling on his hand to stop him from walking further.

"What?" He asked as he stopped and the 2 came face to face, hands still interlocked.

"When did you last get that checked?" Questioning him, her eyes stayed focused on his right leg.

So he followed her gaze, sighing before waving her off and attempting to walk away as he answered stoically, "It's fine. Dont worry about it."

But again Arden gently pulled him back around, raising a brow at him. "Let me look at it." She ordered more than asked.

And Levi scoffed, "Tch. Brat. I said it's fine." But there was no anger or annoyance to his tone. He was just simply trying to reassure her so as not to worry her.

Despite his adamant attempts, Arden shook her head. Already pulling him back a few steps towards the temporary infirmary they had passed a minute before. "Nu-uh. You can be stubborn with anyone else, but you don't do that shit with me."

Levi not even attempting to stop the woman who had dragged him into the empty infirmary. Pulling him over to a table in the middle before turning around a chair for him to sit on. "Sit." She ordered sternly, feeling satisfied when he did just that. Then she walked away over to a counter that had multiple medical supplies on.