The 57th Recon Mission part IV: She's Gone

"ARRRRRRGHHH!" The roar was so powerful that a strong force of winds began to blow all around the forest. Leaves quaking, branches shaking and capes swishing behind the soldiers.

Once again Arden whinced painfully, the sheer strength of the roar rupturing her eardrums as her hands flung for her ears, covering them with such a forced grip that she could feel her fingernails burying into her scalp. Her body swayed as she lost balance and Erwin had to quickly reach out and grip her forearm to steady her, saving her from plummeting 20 feet to the hard ground below.

She had to bite down harshly onto her tongue to stop the scream that wanted to tear through her throat. And soon she could taste that familiar metallic taste in her mouth as warm blood oozed from her tongue.

When the Female Titan's roar ceased, she could feel the muscle on her tongue stitching together and the blood being absorbed into her mouth until it completely disappeared. Reluctantly, she removed her hands from her ears, face set into a defiant scowl. That was twice today that her ears had been mercilessly attacked.

When she tried to step away, Erwin gave her a concerned look, his bushy ebrows furrowed and a worried glint in his eyes. But she swiftly pulled away from his hold, giving him a curt nod as she stepped away from him. It was like she was perfectly fine again, like she hadn't just been so affected by the screeching roar that she almost plummeted to her death.

Levi moved his hands from his ears, staring, down coldly at the Female Titan he was still standing on the head of, "Nicely done. I almost lost my composure."

The whir of ODM gear sounded as Miche zipped up to the Commander and Arden, a panicked look on his stoney face, "They're coming. I can smell them."

"From what direction?" Erwin asked quickly, worried about the new unexpected addition to his plan.

"From every direction. Fast. Dozens." Came Miche's swift reply. Erwin's eyes widened in shock as a short, shocked gasp escaped his lips.

This was enough for Arden to whip out her blades, hilts gripped comfortably in her palms as her expression turned blank.

"Faster on the artillery, gentleman!" Erwin orderd, blades pointed and at the ready.

"Here they are. First wave's closing from the east, and coming in fast!" Miche informed, nervous droplets of sweat dripping down his face.

The ground shook as 3 frenzied Titans began charging towards the clearing. Big, hungry grins spread across their behemoth faces.

"Wagon defense squad! Intercept, now!" Erwin orderd as 3 soldiers instantly shot towards the fast approaching Titans. But the Titans completely ignored the easy to grab snacks and continued charging forward: straight for the Female Titan.

"Three Titans have broken through! Captain Levi!" A soldier warned.

But Levi didn't move yet, he was too busy stomping his foot down harshly onto the Female Titans head, "Hey! What did you do? You called up some friends, didn't you?" Though he was busy throwing a tantrum, he was still very aware of the fast approaching Titans. So he shot his wire out, using one of the two taller Titans to shoot between them, only to swiftly and expertly spin through the air, slicing the napes of the two taller Titans. The shortest of the 3 Titans, the one only 4 meters tall sprinted forward, latching its teeth onto the Female Titans shin and chomping down hungrily.