Chapter 106

The line slowly moves forward as my teammates jump through the boss room portal one by one.

"Next!"

The friendly-looking monitor gives me a firm nod as I walk up to the oval-shaped swirling mass of energy and take a step through.

I keep my sword ready by my side as my future battlefield comes into view.

Surprisingly, I see a semi-open grass field in front of me. There are enormous trees lining the back walls of the boss room dungeon all around me creating an open circle about 100m in diameter.

The lush green leaves curl out over the flat land to create shade on the edges, but near the center, there's a large portion of open blue sky above.

Large boulders and small trees are scattered around the open area, but there's no sign of a boss monster in sight.

I scan my surroundings using enemy detection and inspect, but still, there's nothing....

I walk forward with my sword out in front of me looking around cautiously as I go.

*CRUNCHHHH*

I hear the sound of something hard breaking under immense pressure and turn to face the noise.

Nothing...

I squint, hold my breath, and keep walking slowly and steadily toward the center of the jungle's natural arena.

*CRACKKK*

There it is again...

I turn my head to watch a small tree collapse and splinter under an invisible heavy pressure. The ground around it creaks as some unknown force approaches.

I grit my teeth and ready my blade while glowing with the dark red aura of my berserker and bloodlust skills. My perception is naturally boosted, I can tell where the enemy is, but not what they look like.

Unless....

"All-Seeing Eye."

I temporarily activate my new skill while holding my sword flickering with flames in two hands. My eyes shift over the open plain as the skill activates.

The light pink and pure white orbs and string-like patterns of mana flowing through the dungeon floor look incredible. The air is filled with millions of particles containing a similar substance. My eyes shift back and forth to take in the immaculate view until the creature making all that noise comes into my line of sight.

Less than 30m away from me, the clear outline of an enormous creature becomes clear to me. I can't see its actual body, but the perfect outline of its flowing mana makes it visible enough to fight...

A 20m long serpent is slowly slithering my way. The inside of its body glows brightly with mana, but its outer shell seems to be partly invisible still even to my All-seeing eye. This must be a special "magic resistance" trait.

I attempt to use inspect and appraisal again, then grin ear to ear as it works perfectly this time around.

[Lv. 325]

Active Items:

[Serpent King's Scale] +45% Agility +45% Magic Resistance

[Serpent King's Fang] +50% Mental Strength

Active Skills:

Intimidation

Stealth

Without hesitation, I run at the monster while channeling mana into my sword. It begins to glow bright red as I let out a wave of intimidation to declare war on the boss before me.