Chapter 180

I stare down at the 4 Knights in shining armor before me. They each carry heavy shields and long silver swords.

The hum of mana fills the air as I track their power sources back to the ominous Iron door at the backside of the entrance hall.

It's less than 30 meters away, and that familiar evil red aura seeps out from beneath the crack and from its hinges. The Behemoth is back there...

All around me, there's fallen rubble. Fire creeps up the walls, and smoke begins to fill the room.

There are piles of wooden crates and fragments of used armor lining the wide hallways of the entrance hall on all sides.

Ember's fire magic begins to spread further and further down the edges of the room, shedding more light upon the performance that is about to commence.

Using my All-Seeing Eye, the strands of mana above the Knights' heads are as clear as day.

Their shields and armor give off a similar buzz and I can pick up the presence of mana shielding around their metal bodies.

It's thick, thicker than the guards shielding in the courtyard. Possibly twice as dense. Although its shielding doesn't matter much, all I really have to aim for are the strands above their heads.

I smirk, gripping my sword while focused on the back of the room.

"This should be easy enough..."

One of the Knights steps forward as I begin to run its way. I hear heavy metal footsteps as it draws near holding its shield in a perfect defensive position while readying its blade.

Well, perfect it's a perfect defensive position if an attacker were aiming at its body...

I leap upwards, air-stepping to gain speed and altitude with my eyes and glowing sword locked on the strand above its silver helmet.

The mindless metal suit of armor continues lunging forward as I make contact with the thin white thread of energy. A light buzz, followed by a snapping sound, leads to the loud clang of armor on the cold stone floor.

I hit the floor with a thud, landing on both feet and still holding my fully charged blade ready for more.

I hardly had to let out any MP to sever its ties with the aura behind that door. There was a bit more resistance than the guards outside, but it still broke with ease.

Like clockwork, the second silver Knight comes running at me with its sword at the ready.

This time around, it's holding the heavy metal shield at a higher angle. If I were aiming for its normal vital points, holding the shield up like this would be pointless...

I run at the guard with a puzzled, yet curious look on my face.

While jumping into the air, I lock my eyes on its mana thread. The thin white strand is wide out in the open, calling for my blade to slice it in half. As I swing my sword, a wide grin creeps across my face while watching the silver Knight's next move.

The suit of armor raises its shield, putting it in between my incoming sword and its only weak point. The thread.

I smirk, whispering under my breath as I continue to launch my attack.

"They're... learning...."

I follow through, propelling myself at the Knight with air-steps, increasing my speed and bursting into a fiery ball of flames.

Like a hot knife through butter, my blade glides through the shield of the Knight attempting to block my attack.

There's a loud buzz, followed by my sword stopping for a moment in mid-air. I'm forced to release the full attack I've been holding back inside the blade.