Chapter 192

I put on a smile as Rylan continues to hold his arm around my shoulder tightly. We walk over to the nearest wooden table being offered to us by the old cheerful Innkeeper.

"Sit down boys, it's hot off the stove!"

Rylan releases me from his grip and takes a seat, I start to sit down as well and the old man continues talking.

"I know you wanted some time to rest, but I thought you could use a good meal right about now, was I wrong?"

I chuckle and take my seat, hearing my stomach gurgle at the sight of steaming hot food and cold drinks in front of me.

"No, you weren't wrong at all. I appreciate it, Conway."

With a slight bow, the kind innkeeper turns and waves as he walks into the back room behind his check-in counter.

"Welcome back Jay, enjoy."

I let out a sigh with my eyes locked on the meal in front of me, then dig in.

I pay no mind to any of the hunters eating their meals and trading goods on the tables nearby. Even Rylan's presence begins to leave my conscious thoughts as I become fixated on the meal before me.

Every bite rejuvenates me more and more. I'm fully invested, body and mind.

Over 10 minutes pass before the redhead's voice finally hits my ear.

"Hey Jay, want to hear something wild?"

I look up, beginning to feel much more satisfied. I shake myself out of the small trance and sit back while replying.

"Sure...What's up?"

Rylan crosses his arms, looking a bit annoyed.

"Remember those nobles we ran into the other day before you went off o your own? Apparently, they made it up to the 19th floor, just like you. They took out a ton of the base-level monsters. Can ya believe that?"

I raise an eyebrow, then rely in a low tone.

"Hmph. Really?"

He nods, placing both hands back on the wooden table.

"Yeah, they even passed through to our resting camp with a collection of really rare swords. They must have really killed a lot of them!"

I slowly nod, thinking to myself.

Those nobles didn't seem that strong to me. Their levels were nowhere near high enough and I've even fought their leader back when I had no mana control training at all... and I was a near-even match for him.

Something isn't adding up, but it's not my biggest concern at the moment. He's probably just collecting gear for his family to sell or something, it's none of my business.

Although my 10 minutes of bliss while eating were nice, now the real problem at hand has to be figured out.

The fact that the 20th Floor Boss supposedly has a 7-day cooldown timer is rather troubling. I won't take Rylan's word for fact, but it's more than enough for me to worry about the possibility of it being true.

I clench my jaw, then speak up.

"Hey, do you know when Fisher is getting back? I- I wanted to see if I could face the 20th Floor boss..."

I create a small item storage portal beneath the table and pull out the small white transport crystal the blue-haired Elite gave me before he left, then put it up in front of Ryan's eyes.

"Or ya know, I could face it myself if he takes too long. I still haven't used my emergency exit."

I smirk and put the crystal down, but don't get the response I expected. Rylan pauses for a moment, the replies in a softer tone.