Chapter 129

The impossibly huge humanoid monster made of odd dark energy continues to crack the ground as it walks toward me in silence. An unnerving hum of intense mana fills my senses as the air around me gets denser and denser with a tingling magic sensation.

A Titan. This is the creature that Tripp and Sophie warned me about, the monster I've been looking for this whole time.

"Finally, I'll get to go all out."

Readying my sword and dagger, I activate all of my stat-boosting skills to glow with a golden-red light. The slow-moving Titan doesn't even seem to register my presence... Or, at least, I can't tell if it does.

The emotionless mass of energy the size of a 10-story building trudges forward in my general direction. I begin running full speed ahead toward it. Every step I take makes the humming tone of mana grow louder and the density of magic in the air begins to make my joints tingle.

I erupt into flames, covering myself in a barrier of thick fire and wind magic allowing me to continue my charge forward. After less than half a minute, I get within range to release an attack.

Swinging both my sword and dagger, I let out a dual attack containing two crescents of white and red magic. They soar through the air, as the ominous figure In the distance stays true to its march.

My jaw drops as my attack hits the anomaly before my eyes...

Both of my attacks collide with the monster's mid-section but disappear on impact. The creature doesn't even flinch, it continues slowly moving forward without a moment's hesitation.

I grit my teeth and let out another high-powered attack with both my blades.

My high-powered energy attacks that previously sliced mutants in half like butter collide with this menace and vanish into thin air.

My heart skips a beat. I can't tell if it's fear or excitement. All I know is, this is not going to be easy.

With a smirk, I dart off to the right side. Some new positioning will give me a clear look at all of its angles, maybe there's an obvious weakness somewhere. Using my wind magic to increase my travel speed, I make my way around the Titan as it draws even nearer. I'm less than 50m away from the beast, and the ground shakes with every step it takes.

I assume, It still hasn't noticed me. The humming in my ears is giving me a minor headache, and the energy in the air feels like a full-blown dungeon break. Letting out a yell, I release another dual attack at the monster's legs.

Yet again, all the magic I throw at it immediately disappears into nothingness on impact.

It cracks the hard ground while continuing in a steady straight line forward. I run in even closer. If magic won't work, maybe physical attacks will be the only option.

The long black leg of the creature is less than 15m away now. With one long step, it could crush me under its foot from where it stands. Still, even up close there are no distinguishable features, looking at any part of its body is like staring into an endless abyss of darkness.

I clench my jaw and lunge in for any attack. The Titan steps forward, and I launch another full power strike. With both blades swinging bright with magic, I take a long slice at the monster's open leg.

My eyes widen as I feel my blades cut through the air. That's right, the air.... My red and white glowing weapons just slip through the Titan's dark flesh without making a sound or even drawing a drop of blood. I would even call it flesh, it's more like an illusion of flesh. This beast is a walking black hole.

I react by bursting into flames and shooting advanced fire magic all the way up its leg, but it's futile. All of my attacks just go right through this mysterious black blob of matter and disappear into the void.