20

Ethan's POV:

Chester came and sat on the couch beside Me and Laura. “What do you mean?” Chester asked being totally confused. I sighed, “ He had been planning about this since the freshmen party. And you got beaten later. So, nothing is your fault here.” I said and Chester just nodded his head.

“And can I ask what are you doing here?” I asked him as he tried to avoid my gaze. “ Ethan, he is my new friend.” Laura said. “What? How?” I asked her.“You told me to take care of her, I couldn't do it following her like a creep every time, so being a friend is quite a better option besides getting a good friend except you.” Chester said.“

“I am your friend??” Ethan questioned him. “I am sorry but I thought you were my friend he said a little disappointed. “ Hey, don't be sad, I was just a little confused.” I said and smiled and that made him smile too. “I have never had any friends before he said. “But you had many friends when you used to-” I paused in between my sentence knowing it would hurt him atleast after I realised how much he regretted it.

He chuckled and said quietly, “Bully you” he sighed and continued “They were all fake. They were after me for just....... Money. To be honest, I really want to apologise from you, I hurted you many times for absolutely no reason. Actually, I was always taught to hurt the weaker and any person I don't like. I didn't like you but after my mind change knowing how tragic life you have lived. But I had another reason too. And it was Jasper. I was jealous of you. He was always with you laughing and chatting. Whenever I try to talk or approach him, he turns away a wet dog. And when I knew you both were dating, I tore apart but I consoled myself saying if he is happy so am I.”

“Uhhhhhhhh, right now I am very clueless, so it would be good if someone explain me about this.” Laura said to me while I was busy hugging and consoling Chester.

“Yeah so-” I was  cut off by door opening with barge. It was Ender. “Cgester hide somewhere. Gillean is coming and if he saw you it will be a big trouble.”