29

Ethan 's POV:

I was sitting in the storage room still trying to get out of it. It already has been Monday. And if my calculations are right, it should be near about 7:30 and college starts at 8:30 and if I am able to get out from here then It should take me about 15 minutes to walk to the colly.The only option left is to break the door. Like I am not that weak that it is hard for me to even break a door.

After trying for like 10 minutes, I was successful in breaking the lock of that door. I came out of that bloody room and started moving being careful from Gillean.
I was being careful with my every step but fate was not on my side. I bumped into Ender. And he was kind of shocked after he saw me. Maybe he just maybe doesn't know about Gillean locking me in the storage room so, I faced him and said with full courage, “I am in a little hurry so if you would excuse me.”

After saying that sentence, I ran as fast as I could towards the lion's lair which was obviously Gillean's room because my bag and notes were there.  And thankfully  no one was in the room. I picked up the bag and was about to leave that's when my gaze fell on something.

It was a chloroform spray, without thinking twice l put it in the side pocket of my bag. I came out of the mansion and was standing in the garden. I was looking at the main gate, it was the last obstacle. I headed towards the main gate where two guards were guarding it.

I was just praying with my fingers crossed that they also don't know about the whole thing. But as I said fate is always not with me. “Sorry Mr MacQuoid, Mr Gillean MacQuoid has strictly forbidden us to let you out. So, we can't let you go.” one of the guards said while the other guard was standing stance at  his place.

“Okay, then I have no other choice.” I said and took out a mask from my bag. I put it on and then pulled that chloroform spray from my side pocket and both the guards started coughing but I continued to spray. After a few minutes they both fell down. I quickly walked out of there and said to myself while smirking, “Oh my my Gillean you need more trained guards, they were defeated by just a mere university student.”

I was happily hopping on my way to university trying my best to avoid the fact that I was feeling dizzy, really dizzy. Maybe it was because of chloroform spray. Well nothing to worry, I can just sleep in University during classes.

I arrived at University and everyone was looking at me like I murdered someone. That's when someone jumped on me. I perfectly knew who it was, “How are you doing Laura? It's been a long time.” I said and she replied with a genuine smile,“I am doing good, what about you?”

“I am also good.” A lie, a pure lie. Only I know how hurt I am feeling for falling in love with a man like that . The man who doesn't care about me but his obsession. “By the way where is Chester?” I asked Laura and she said, “He must be here somewhere.”

“And here he comes.” Laura said with a weird expression which can't be explained. “Heeyyyyyyy guys, oh wow! You actually made it I thought you were kidding that day but how did he allow you to come.” he said well, almost shouted. “Well, he didn't I escaped from there.” I said and it surprised both of them.

“So, where are you going after university?” Laura asked.
“Probably to Gillean MacQuoid's mansion.” I said with a smirk and they both widened their eyes for god knows what.