32

Ethan's POV:

“I am sorry, I can't ” I said as my voice shook. I could see his eyes turning red due to anger. His grip on my wrists tightened. “You still love him right, I should have known from the start and should have killed him in the first place. Then none of it would've happened.” he shouted as his deep voice was sending chills to my spine.

“It's not like that it's just that I can't break the trust of my best friend. If you can't think of me at least think of your brother who always craves your attention. And I bet you wouldn't know who Chester likes. Because you never gave him attention, you forgot he is your brother. You even tortured him once just because he helped me from a monster like you. For god's sake please stop being like your shitty dad, Gillean.”

“Don't, don't talk about my dad like this.” he said but I could feel a little sadness in his eyes. “Which dad are you talking about? The one who nearly abandoned you. The one who didn't even ask for your decision if you want to be a mafia or not. Or are you talking about that dad who splashed boiling water because you didn't go to training even after knowing you were sick . Or The dad which always ordered you around and wasn't concerned even a bit about you if you are fine or not. Or that the father who ordered you or I can say forced you to kill my parents as your first mission but after you failed you were locked in a darkened room with no food for a month after knowing dark scares you the most. I would rather die than protect a dad like this. My step- parents were better than your dad even if they were hungry for money but they never raised a hand on me.”

I told him as his grip on my wrists loosen. He got off from me and said, “I have to go somewhere. I will be back before the night.” and walked out of the room. I looked at him but he didn't glance back at me.

It was already night, and Gillean wasn't home yet. I was waiting for him in the living room . He walked in the house and went straight to the bed. I followed him and asked, “Hey, are you okay??”. He didn't reply but I literally felt stupid because I was the reason behind his sadness. “Let's sleep.” he said and went to shower.

After sometime he came and lay beside me. He turned to another side but I could feel that he was crying. I hugged him and slowly drifted to sleep.