46

Chester's POV:

I was walking towards the apartment of Jasper and I didn't know why but I had a very uneasy feeling. That was totally opposite from what I felt spending time with Jasper. Ignoring this feeling continuously I was taking every step with a sigh. I stared at the sun as it shined on my hazel eyes and red hair. " I hope everything is gonna be alright." He fastened the speed of his steps and soon he was standing in front of the apartment of Jasper.

The door was slightly open. He dmwas about to walk in but I heard an unfamiliar noise and decided to be nosy.  And guess what that was kinda bad decision. "What do you mean you have a boyfriend.?" the blue haired guy sitting next to Jasper said. "Yeah, it means I am in a relationship."  Jasper said. "You dummy, what I meant was, you were crying over a guy named Ethan, just two weeks ago. And now you are telling me you have a boyfriend. How did this even happen?" that guy said.

"Don't tell me you are dating him just to move on." that guy said and my breath hitched. I was just wanting him to say no but my heart stopped as 'yes, I am' escaped from his mouth. "Jasper what do you mean now." that guy said. "I don't like Chester even a bit, actually I still like Ethan. I am dating Chester just to divert myself from Ethan. And that guy thinks I like a stupid like him. " Jasper said and scoffs. " Jasper how could you just use him to just divert yourself." that guy said. I couldn't stand there anymore. It was suffocating me and the tears were already resting on my cheeks.

"Actually Chester isn't that bad, but I don't like him that way. I never could, but Harper, to be honest he is kinda annoying.” Jasper said and that was when I lost it. I burst open the door and shouted, “ If I am that annoying, why invite me to your place at first place. And first of all how could you do this to me? You didn't even think about my feelings once?” The tears were flowing continuously .  Jasper and the guy Harper were a little shocked. Jasper sighed and said, “I am sorry Chester but I can never like you. And it's a fact you have to accept.” My face turned into a frown.

“Okay, and I am sorry for liking you.” I said and chuckled a bit. “Goodbye then, I hope you have a better life.” I said and started walking outside his apartment. I didn't wanted to go home with this face, so, I decided to go to the park. I sat on the bench and broke down. The people were giving me weird stares.I hate it! I just hate this feeling!

It was almost 20:00, so, I decided to go home. I slowly entered the mansion and went to my room. A few moments later, I heard a knock on the door and it was Ethan.“How did you manage to come home early? I thought you were spending the night with him.” Ethan asked. “Just leave me alone Ethan. I am not in the mood to talk now.” I said trying my best to hide my cracking voice. “Hey, what happened? Did he hurt you?” Ethan asked me but this time I could tell he was very serious. “Nothing happened Ethan, nothing.”I said as a chuckle left my mouth. “Can you please leave me alone for sometime?” I asked him pleading.

His face had an unsure expression but he leaves anyway. As soon as he left, I locked the door and started crying loudly. After sometime, I decided to turn on the radio to calm myself down. And to my bad my favorite song was playing, which I wasn't ready to hear yet because I always thought of him when I listen to it. 'New year's day' always hits differently but when the verse ' Please don't ever become a stranger whose laugh I could recognise anywhere.' came I lost it. I threw the radio across the room watching it shatter into pieces.

My tears already escaped my eyes. I started choking on my sobs now. And slowly my eyes were tired of crying no tears were left to shed anymore. Soon, I heard a knock on a door. I knew it was Ethan so I asked him to come in. But to my surprise, it was Gillean. I never thought he would come to my room. My eyes widened after realising how I looked at that moment. My eyes were tired and red from crying. Dry tears mark on my cheeks and pieces of glass and shattered radio across the room.

Many thoughts cross my mind like what would I tell to my brother now? How will he react? Will he get angry over my stupidity? But deep down I knew I skipped a possibility which could come true.

“Who did this to you? How come you are like this now?” Gillean asked and he was very angry judging from his eyes. There was a silence for few minutes but then he came towards me and bend to my level and hugged me tightly. I was a little surprised because it's been ages since we last hugged each other.

I slowly melted in the hug feeling relieved and better than before.“ Now, Chester tell me what happened to you?” he asked and a sob again escaped my mouth.