8 Confusing Guptas

Part 8 Confusing Guptas

Shashi Gupta who descended the stairs, saw us coming hand in hand. He looked at us unbelievably and said composing himself,

"Welcome, Arnav"

I smiled at him.

"Why did you tell Akash that you won't come for Pagperah?" Shashi asked Khushi.

"I was supposed to go to Mini Palace with Arnav" Khushi said my name for the first time. It sounded normal but I felt it good.

"But, this is custom" Shashi Gupta said.

"That's why I came" She shrugged.

Shashi Gupta nodded slightly.

"I'm leaving uncle. I have some work" I said.

"What so urgent Arnav? Don't you want to see my room?" Khushi's question confused me more. This girl would make me mad for sure.

"Go, Arnav. You are her husband, after all," Shashi Gupta said glancing at Khushi.

"That's ok, uncle..."

Cutting me,

"Nothing doing... come with me" Khushi pulled me upstairs.

We climbed the broad granite stairs. We entered a spacious and luxurious room after crossing a long corridor. Khushi locked the door. I folded my hands and looked at her. I knew she was acting in front of her parents just like I did.

"Thank you for your help," she said not looking at me with a smirk.

Help...? I was not only embarrassed but also confused.

"I can't understand you," I said could not hold myself.

"You can't... no one could... I just am utilizing your words. Didn't you say you are ready to help me... NO MATTER WHAT...?" She said, looking into my eyes.

"Haan... I did... So?"

"If you want to take your words back, you can..." She said plainly.

Taking back my words? I stared at her because I didn't know what did she mean. Would she be doing such things regularly in the name of getting my HELP?

"I won't take my words back if once I uttered it. I'm ready to help you NO MATTER WHAT" I repeated my words sternly.

Khushi raised her brows and nodded her head pressing her lips. What kind of expression was that? I was confused... again.

She went to the huge classy dressing table and pulled its drawer. There were a hundred shades of lipsticks and lip glosses neatly arranged. She removed a pink lipstick from the drawer and applied it over her pink lipstick. I frowned when she pressed her two fingers on her lips. She looked at her fingers and smiled with satisfaction seeing the lipstick mark on her fingers.

We heard a knock on the door. Instead of walking to the door, Khushi walked to me.

"Once again thank you for your help..." she said again.

I shrank my eyes. What did I do that she was thanking me again? She pressed her fingers on my cheek and went to open the door. I looked at my image in the mirror. There was a lips-like lipstick mark on my cheek. I was stunned and looked at Khushi shockingly. She already opened the door and Akash entered with a smile. His eyes widened, seeing me... not me, but the lips mark on my cheek. I rubbed it hurriedly which made him smile with a blush. He thought his sister kissed me. Damn it... Was not it too much?

"Hi, Arnav..." Akash said could not control his smile.

"Hi..." I said, glancing at Khushi.

"Payal said you are so close to her," Akash said.