15 Riddle

Part 15 Riddle

My family members were awestruck, seeing Diya and Jiya in Khushi's Pag Phera costume. Anjali Di dropped her jaw in shock.

"Khushi, why did you spend this much for kids?"

"They liked it... didn't they?"

"Of course, they liked it, but it doesn't mean, you should spend excess money. They will grow fast. Then this dress will be wasted"

"They are happy today... That's all that matters. They are lucky because their happiness can be attained with money," Khushi said.

That pricked me. Would not any happiness be attained with money? Why did she say so? Would her happiness not be attained with money? The question was raised in my mind.

That was when Payal came with Akash. Khushi's face bloomed with happiness seeing her brother. Akash gave a gentle hug to Khushi and Payal pounced on me cheerfully. Could not help... we were like that. Being gentle was not our cup of tea.

"How are you Bhai?" Payal asked.

"Doing great"

"Why not, after all, you are with my sister-in-law," Payal said looking at Khushi who didn't react.

Payal excused herself and went to my cousins to have a word.

"Who invited you?" Khushi asked Akash in a feeble tone. Yet, I heard her.

I shrank my face because she knew Di called Akash on the phone and invited him.

"Anjaliji called me and invited me," Akash said in the same tone as Khushi.

"Yet, you came?"

That was a big blow to me. What did she mean?"

Akash nodded yes.

"Didn't Dad say anything about coming to the party without a proper invitation?"

"He didn't know about the party"

"Unbelievable..."

"He went to Jaipur yesterday"

"Ohh... What about Mrs. Gupta?"

"She sent me happily when I asked her permission"

"When is Mr. Gupta coming?"

"He will be at home within an hour"

"You are done," Khushi said teasingly.

"Do you think so?"

"Yeah, I bet. Mr. Gupta is going to hop from earth to sky and Mrs. Gupta is going to console him and she will say, 'Akash my, dear, this is about our Royal reputation. You should not be at ease"

"Shhh... anyone may hear," Akash said.

"You should have told Payal Bhabi about our Royal custom. Then Raizadas would have invited you, coming to the palace..." Khushi said.

"It's so awkward to nag them for everything, Khushi..."

"So what? If they are willing to give their daughter to the Prince, then they should follow the Royal custom..." Khushi said.

I could not understand what kind her tone was. Mockery or disappointment? She might be right. Di came to Mini Palace and invited Khushi. Then she should have invited Akash going to the Palace. Why did she do the blunder? So what if Payal was her sister? Would Shashi Gupta scold Payla and Akash? I became restless. Because of Di, Akash, and Payal were going to be scolded. Would it create disappointment in Akash's mind about Raizadas? Would he let out his frustration on Payal? My mind thought a lot. I sighed.