19 Planning BIG...

Part 19 Planning BIG...

I saw Hari Prakash coming out of the kitchen hesitatingly. Khushi should have sent him out. He looked at me and stood nervously. I gestured for him to leave. He nodded okay and went to the garden.

I came back to the room and gave medicine to my mother. After five minutes, I made her lie down. Again I came to the kitchen to see what my wife was doing. I heard a mixer grinder sound. I slowly peeped in. I saw her chopping paneer into cubes. I smiled because I like paneer. She didn't even notice me noticing her. She was so engrossed in cooking. I came to the dining and sat on it thinking about the issue that was in front of me and Khushi... and also BETWEEN me and Khushi.

Her passion was a simple thing but, tackling that would not be simple to me. It was connected to many things... My sister's life, our business, our family's happiness, everything... I really wanted to appreciate Mrs. Gupta's Foxiness. How intensely she planned...! She knew what would keep people under her control but, poor she forgot to think that, EVERY POWERFUL MAN IN THE WORLD HAS HIS RIVAL... and, she would not have expected, Arnav Singh Raizada would be the one.

I looked at Khushi who came with the lunch. Within half an hour, she brought hot poories and Butter Paneer to the dining. She kept them on the table and served them to me.

"I like poori and butter paneer," I said smiling at her.

"I know... You wanted to eat it, yesterday" she said while serving.

I smiled. So, she cooked them because I liked them. I ate them with a lot of curiosity. I didn't hesitate to show it out. I looked at Khushi who was also looking at me.

"I can't believe you cook well," I had no reason to pretend. She cooked so well that showed me how dedicated she was.

Khushi smiled.

"It seems you cooked often at your palace..." I said stuffing a piece of poori in my mouth.

She was silent and I expected that.

"Honestly, your dexterity is better than the cooks at Mini Palace," I said and it was not an exaggeration.

Suddenly, Khushi's facial expression changed. I looked in the direction and found my father standing wrathfully. I didn't know how this man would appear at the right... correction, at the WRONG time, smelling Khushi's cooking. Without giving heed to him, I continued eating. Khushi looked at me amazingly.

"Did you make her cook again?" He shouted.

"Yes, I did..." I said with my mouth full.

"Chotte, just stop it... ok?"

"Why should I stop? It tasted good Dad" I mocked.

"This is not funny ok? Understand the seriousness"

"She is my wife. She cooks for me. What's wrong with that?" I tried to be cool not wanting to create a scene.

"She is not a random girl but a Princess"

I lost my temper.

"But she is my WIFE... from whom I could ask for food if I'm hungry?"

"Can't you manage it with some other ideas?"

"Why would I manage my hunger if I have a wife who cooks well?"

"Chotte... just now our business started reviving. Please don't make Mrs. Gupta angry with your selfishness"

"Selfish...? Me?" I laughed.

My father gulped down hard.

"Mrs. Gupta strictly put a condition that Khushi should not cook after her marriage. Didn't you see how many cooks are there in the Mini Palace? Guptas are paying them only to keep their daughter as Princess"