Epilogue

Epilogue

I and Khushi were ready to go to London. Raizadas and Guptas came to the airport to send us off. Akash and Payal accompanied us as I wanted Akash to introduce us to his friend who was in London. At the same time, I wanted it to be their honeymoon too. After settling us in the new flat, Akash and Payal went on their honeymoon.

Akash brought needed servants to London to serve his sister.

Khushi joined the culinary college. She was so excited to go to the college for the first day. Her uniform was issued. The Chef Coat and Cap...! Khushi looked so majestic in the dress.

More than Khushi expected, the culinary course was tough. She struggled to cope. Yet, she didn't give up her interest. After all, it was her dream.

I didn't compromise in dropping her in college and picking her up from the college. It was my routine. I passed the UK driving examination and got the license to do that.

I felt bad whenever Khushi returned from her duty all tired. The metal shoe she wore was eight hundred grams in weight. I wonder how she was walking, carrying nearly two kilograms by her fragile legs. It was safety shoes that protected Chefs from getting hurt, in case the sharp knife or heavy objects slipped from their hands while working.

As I said, Khushi needed a pedicure often. Sometimes, in tiredness, she fell on the bed without even taking a bath. I didn't hesitate to press her legs at that time.

.........

I was waiting to pick her up. Khushi came out smilingly. I started the car and drove off.

"How was your day?"

"Don't ask me that... I peeled three hundred kilograms of pineapple today" she said fisting and opening her fingers. it must be pained.

"Yesterday, you broke seven hundred eggs... and today three hundred kilograms of pineapple..."

"Yeah...after all, it's a star hotel... it remains always busy"

"Feeling hard?"

"I would have felt hard if you had not been with me" she smiled.

We came home.

"What do you want me to cook?" She asked.

"You don't have to cook anything... come and take a rest" I took her to our room.

"I'm alright, Arnav"

"Yeah, you would be alright after peeling three hundred kilograms of pineapple. Go and get fresh..."

I sent her to the washroom. She came, taking a hot bath.

"What did you eat in the afternoon?" she asked sitting next to me.

"I ate rice and fish curry," I said taking her legs on my thighs and pressing them.

"I will prepare fish with garlic wine sauce this Sunday," she said.

"Wine sauce...?"

"Yup... you won't forget its taste. It was so awesome you know"

"That's great..."

"Don't you feel bored being alone at home, Arnav?" Khushi asked.

"I'm conducting Zoom meetings and running AR from here. Then how do I feel bored?"

"Shall we go outing tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow? Don't you have classes tomorrow?"

"I have... I spoke to my senior Chef about my OFF. He agreed. So, I can take off"