59 Suspicion

Part 59 Suspicion 

I saw Khushi gazing at Harini. I understood what was running in her mind.

"Khushi..."

She looked at me and then at Harini.

"Do you know how much I trusted her?" Khushi asked, looking at Harini painfully.

Harini cried bowing down.

"Didn't you think of telling me about Mithra? Did you think I can't save you? If you had told me about her plan, I would have helped you to tackle her and saved your family too... but, you didn't trust me right?"

Harini cried not answering.

"I think it's my fate of having no one for myself... except for my husband," Khushi said feeling sad.

It was not hard for me to understand her condition. She expected a lot fromHarini I supposed. Being a Princess, she gave a special place to Harini in her heart without having any difference. Khushi was not wrong. If Harini had told us about Mithra's plan, we would have hit two birds with a single stone. We could have saved our days from spoiling them with misunderstanding butsavingHarini from Mithra but she failed Khushi.

"Khushi, let her meet Akash..." I said.

"No need... let her continue here" Khushi said.

I looked at Khushi shockingly. More than me, Harini was shocked.

"I have gratitude. I experienced some happiness because of her. She took risks for me. I can't forget it ever. She said she did that to save her family. Akash will definitely fire her. I don't want her family to struggle financially. Let her continue... but, I have nothing to do with her" Khushi walked to her room.

Harini stood with repentance.

I came to our room following Khushi. I saw her sitting on the bed all upset. Tears rolled down from her eyes. I lifted her chin. She hugged my waist and cried. I caressed her hair.

"Don't feel bad, Khushi, relax..."

"I'm not crying for myself" she said.

I sat next to her looking at her.

"Then?"

"I feel bad for Harini," Khushi said, looking at me.

"What do you mean?"

"It's her bad luck Mithra chose her to spy us leaving everyone behind. She had earned goodwill from me by supporting mein my hard times but she spoilt it because Mithra threatened her"

"Then why do you allow her to be here?"

"Do you think what she did is COMPLETELY wrong?"

I was silent. I understood what Khushi was hinting.

"We heard what Rahim Kaka said. The man who had influence in the Palace ran away fearing Mithra to save his family could not fight with her. Then, how could we expect a small girl to be brave?"

I nodded sighing.

"If you analyzed the issue so wisely, then why are you upset with her?"

"I considered it because I don't want her to struggle for her livelihood. I'm upset because she didn't trust me. Her fear is justified...so I let her continue here but I can't accept her as my friend again... I even have the same disappointment with Rahim Kaka. If he had not left the Palace, our life might have changed somehow," she sighed.

I smiled.

"Khushi, I really don't know whether I should encourage you as you understoodHarini's position or, I should console you for being upset" I smiled.