20 Khushi's Plan

Part 20 Khushi's Plan

I felt bad for Khushi. What a big Princess she was...? She could not even do what she wanted. She was restricted to get her happiness. She could not even open up her heart to anyone... not even with her husband... ME...! The mere thought made me angry with Mrs. Mithra Gupta. Because of that one woman, Khushi lost her happiness in her life. She snatched everything from Khushi...! I gritted my teeth.

One minute... did Mrs. Gupta snatch EVERYTHING from Khushi? She might have snatched EVERYTHING but she GAVE Arnav Singh Raizada to Khushi. Because of that woman, Khushi became my wife. Let the reason be anything... Khushi REACHGED me. I knew how to make her reach her happiness. I would definitely do it.

Khushi's facial expression changed delightfully when Diya and Jiya came from the school.

"Maaaami..." They rushed to Khushi happily with the certificates they won.

"Mami, see, we won prizes" They extended the certificates.

Khushi looked at the certificates and her facial expression changed. Those were the certificates for their CENT PERCENT attendance.

"Didn't you take even a day's leave last year?" Khushi asked.

"No... we didn't even take a day's leave and Mumma won the most supportive parent award," They said proudly.

Khushi looked at Di who nodded yes.

"Didn't you attend any family function last year?" Khushi asked.

"No... we didn't. only Mumma and Papa attended all the functions"

"What will you guys going to do with this certificates?" Khushi asked.

"We will show this to everyone" they said excitedly.

"You will do that today... tomorrow?"

Diya and Jiya looked at each other. I and Di frowned as we didn't get her.

"We don't do anything tomorrow..."

"Next year?" Khushi asked.

Diya and Jiya were silent.

"After ten years?" Khushi again asked.

All of us were silent.

"I don't know whether you will feel happy seeing these certificate after ten years but, if you attend your family functions and meet people often, it will definitely give you happiness whenever you think about it because those will remain sweet memories in your heart..."

My brows automatically went up. Khushi looked at Di.

"Do they know all you relatives and their names?"

Di nodded no pressing her lips.

"I agree studies are important. So is family and relationship. Nothing will be ruined if they bunk the school for two or three days. But they will miss a lot of fun if they miss the family functions"

"Did you attend all your family functions?" Diya sked the same question I wanted to ask Khushi.

Khushi nodded no.

"I didn't..." She said.

"Then how do you know it would be fun?" Jiya questioned.

"I heard people talking about the fun they got in the functions," she said with a painful smile.

I understood, her stepmother intentionally would have stopped Khushi from attending functions and talked about its fun in front of Khushi to irritate her. I could not believe how Khushi was tortured by her stepmother, 'like a needle penetrating plantain'. From other's view, it was a simple thing but the one who experienced it would have eventually felt the pain.