10 Royal Customs

Part 10 Royal customs

I was relieved knowing that Khushi was not related to the SEPARATE ROOM setup. But, with whom she spoke on the phone? It seemed like a TUG OF WAR to me. Someone was intentionally doing something between us and Khushi was aware of it. This wedding was not just a deal between two families but a deal between TWO PERSONS. One was Khushi. Who was the other one? I wanted to find it out. And I concluded, not to use a separate room no matter if Khushi used it or not. I decided to stay in the main room. I didn't want to give a chance to the person who arranged it.

After Khushi went out, I came out of the room and went downstairs.

My family was ready to leave the palace. Khushi understood their gesture.

"Janaki..." She called someone else leaving Dolly behind.

A woman came forward.

"Arrange the dinner table" She ordered.

"Yes, your highness" Janaki gestured to the other servant. They might be from the cooking department.

They arranged the long table quickly with numerous dishes. It was a gathering of worldwide dishes. North Indian, South Indian, Chinese, Italian, Malaysian, Continental, etc., etc., honestly we were not even familiar with a few of them. Everyone picked their favorite food. I tasted almost everything even though Italian was my favorite. I was surprised when Khushi chose Italian. Did she like Italian? If it was yes, that would be the only thing matching between us. I thought.

After finishing dinner, my family went back to RM. I sat in the living room and checked my emails.

Khushi was about to go to our room, a servant came to her.

"This is your pedicure day, your highness. You missed it" She said.

Khushi looked at her wristwatch and nodded yes. She sat on the couch. A broad bowl of hot water and a few things with rose petals were brought. Khushi dipped her foot in it. I wondered, why her rose petals like a foot needed a pedicure. Were not they already beautiful?

I understood Khushi would be followed everything as per the schedule. I was about to go to the room, I heard,

"Arnav, would you like to...?" Khushi asked.

I raised my brows.

"Pedicure?" I asked.

She nodded yes.

I looked at the woman who was sitting in front of Khushi on a short chair, ready to massage Khushi's foot. I nodded no hurriedly. Won't it be embarrassing to get massaged by a woman?

"I don't think I need this because always wear shoes..." I smiled.

Khushi slightly shrank her face. I didn't know why. Didn't she expect me to deny it?

"I have some work. I want to arrange my stuff in the wardrobe." I said.

"You can ask the servant to do it..." She said and called someone.

"Nirmala..."

"No... no need... I will do it. It's not a big deal to get someone's help" I smiled at her. I didn't know why this girl giving me such reactions as if I was an alien.

I walked to our room. I started arranging my things. There was enough space in the wardrobe. It was abnormally big. Even I could sleep in it. I hung my suits and shirts on hangers. Then I arranged my stuff on the dressing table. Done...!

Taking the TV remote, I started watching the news, sitting on the couch.

That was when Khushi rushed inside hurriedly and stood, seeing me watching TV. She got stuck, seeing my things in the main room itself. I could see the discomfiture in her eyes. I didn't know why.