17 Behind the Picture

Part 17 Behind the Picture

We went back to Mini Palace late. Khushi intentionally made it late. Khushi started from RM with her Mini Cooper whereas I drove mine.

When we entered the Mini Palace, the servant crew looked at Khushi shockingly as if she had made a mistake that could not be forgiven. It was because she was in the Bhandhini saree. Khushi crossed them with a mockery look.

As usual, she watched her favorite program. I didn't interact with her as I was not in a good mood but my eyes were on her. Khushi often looked at me sensing my gaze.

"Do you want to ask me anything?" She asked me.

I nodded no. She turned towards the TV with a slight frown. After the program was over, she went to her room.

I was tossing on the bed as I lost my peace of mind completely. Khushi was not a head-weighted girl, she had no pride in her Royal background, she talked to my mother and sister sweetly, she appreciated my mother's handmade food wholeheartedly, but... She always kept a distance from me. Even though I voluntarily talked to her she never showed interest in prolonging the conversation with me. Was she angry with only ME? Or, didn't she like me?

I decided not to want to confuse myself but I just could not. I didn't sleep that night. I felt pain in my body as I was tossing on the bed for the whole night. I sighed in annoyance when the sunlight hit my face. I was tired. but I had to go to the Hotel Savera today. A conference was going to be held there. My father wanted me to be part of it. I got ready a little earlier as I had to attend a conference.

I got stuck, seeing Khushi in the same saree. Hadn't she removed it yet? But why? How did she sleep comfortably in the saree?

Dolly came to our room and knocked on the door. I wanted to see her expression because when we came back home last night, she looked at Khushi with an unbelievable expression who was in a simple Bhandhini saree. I opened the door. As I expected, she saw Khushi tip-to-toe.

"I have a strain in my ankle... I can't do exercise today" Khushi said.

"I will call the doctor," Dolly said.

"I will tell you if needed... now, you can leave"

Dolly spared my glance and left the place. Khushi turned to go to her room,

"Why did you lie?" I asked.

She looked at me and said,

"I feel lazy,"

I didn't think it was a lie.

"Then you could have told her the truth..."

"It's not necessary," she simply said.

Taking my bag, I left the Mini Palace.

Afternoon

I came out of the meeting hall completing my conference. When I came to the huge main hall of the hotel, the hotel became feverish. A few guards rushed inside the hotel, looking here and there cautiously. My lips curved into a smile, seeing Akash and Payal entering. How didn't I catch the point, seeing the flaunty gesture that it would be related to Guptas? I stood noticing what happening there.

Akash looked at me and smiled. He nagged Payal and signaled her to look at me. Payal's face lit with a pleasant smile, seeing me. In no time, she rushed to me and hugged me delightedly. The guards looked at her embarrassingly. Akash gestured for them to step back and they did.

"How are you baby?" I asked reciprocating the hug.

"Superfine, Bhai," She said with a flashing smile.