44 Reactions

Part 44 Reactions

I showed Abiumanyu's message to Khushi. She became excited and then drained the next minute. Her face withered.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Everyone will get to know about the program," she said worriedly.

"Of course, it's a TV program. Everyone would watch. In fact, I'm going to send a personal message to everyone to watch it" I said eagerly.

"Arnav, everyone means, everyone..."

"So?"

"We have to face my father. I don't know how is he going to react to it"

"I will face him," I said.

Khushi was not satisfied it seemed.

"Relax, okay?"

"Mmm"

I came out of the lift with Khushi and looked at her.

"What would you like to have for dinner?"

"Anything for dinner but I would like to have YOU after the dinner" I said smiling broadly.

Looking at our surroundings, she offered a big smile, shaking her head and said,

"I will be waiting"

I threw my head back and laughed heartedly. That was when my eyes caught hold of someone who was keenly watching us. When he noticed me noticing him, he turned in the opposite direction. Seeing my changed facial expression, Khushi looked in the direction and saw the man. She shrank her eyes.

"Do you know him?" I asked.

"He looks familiar to me," Khushi said, looking at him.

"Is it?"

She nodded yes. I saw him leaving the place hurriedly, not looking back. I wanted to follow him but before that, he vanished into the crowd.

I got alerted. Would he be Mithra's man? Was she tracking us? I could never take that woman lightly. She was the most dangerous woman I had ever seen in my life.

"Shall I drop you?" I asked.

"No need... I will go. You carry on"

"Ok, don't stop the car anywhere"

"Mmm"

I thought something and asked,

"Do you have any other plans?"

"I thought to go to RM as it's a week since I met Aunty," she said.

"Ok, you go... I will join you there in the evening" I said as I too wanted to go to RM.

She nodded ok.

"See you," She said.

"Bye"

She headed her Mini Cooper. I stood until she left the place. Then I started my car and drove it towards AR. I was thinking about the man who watched us. He didn't seem goon. He looked decent. Would he be a detective? My mind thought about all the possibilities.

I could not be free. Khushi solved our biggest business problem. Her cooking program with Chef Alan Smith was going to be telecasted in a few days. Seemingly everything was set but, I didn't think so. In fact, from here on, we would face many problems, I guessed. Maybe, unknown problems. Mithra would not be quiet letting us be happy. She would not back off from her lifetime goal of torturing Khushi. She would not accept her defeat. She would try to continue it from any direction. Her actions might be more severe than the previous ones. I should fasten my moves. I had to hit her hard before she thought of hitting Khushi.