43 Khushi's Decision

Part 43 Khushi's decision

I was driving the car thinking about where would Khushi go. I was not in the position to question her before. But, now, everything changed. We were not like before... I could question her. yet, I didn't know whether I should question her. At the same time, I was confused about why did Khushi go without informing me. Was that something secret? Did she have a secret in her life...? Still...? My mind thought unnecessarily. I knew that. This was human nature. It would forget everything and get stuck at one point. I decided to wait to see what Khushi would do.

My chain of thoughts got broken when my phone rang. I took my phone in eager that it might be Khushi's call but it was as usual Aman's call.

"Haan, Aman I'm on the way to AR. Will be there in half an hour"

"ASR..."

I sensed a spark in his voice.

"Our company shares value three percent increased" Aman almost shouted.

"Whaaaat?" I could not believe that.

"Yes, ASR... our shares were stable when the market opened today. Now, it increased by three percent"

"oh... we will talk in person"

"Ok, ASR" Aman disconnected the call.

I could not believe it. It was not a simple matter. Forty-five percent of our company shares were in outsiders' hands worth rupees one hundred crore. Most of the shares were in Mithra's hands. Then how it was possible? Was Mithra playing again? She tried to trap Payal by gifting a diamond jewelry set but Akash flopped her plan by paying its bill. Was she trying her trick on me now to show herself submissive? At the same time, I could not believe Mithra would give up on the ONLY grip that was on her hold. Then how did it happen? I was confused.

That was when my phone again rang. I saw Khushi's name flashing on my mobile. I attended it immediately.

"Hello, Khushi..."

"Arnav, are you busy now?" She asked.

"For YOU, I'm always free"

She chuckled.

"Are you in any meeting or something?"

"I'm on the way to AR from the Mini Palace," I said to know her reaction.

"Did you go to Mini Palace?" there was no tension in her voice.

"Yeah, to take a file, I came to Mini Palace"

"What a husband you are! You came home and didn't find your wife at home but didn't question her...! This is not fair..." she said showing disappointment but I knew she was not disappointed.

"I was supposed to call you..."

"Ok, come to City Hospital"

I became tense. Why did Khushi go to the hospital?

"City Hospital? What happened Khushi? Why did you go to the hospital? Are you alright?"

For a few seconds, Khushi was silent. I didn't know why.

"Khushi... I asked you something"

"I can't say yes," she said sadly.

"What's the matter, Khushi?"

"The doctor confirmed"

"What?"

"I'm pregnant"

"Whaaaat?"

"Haan... have you forgotten what happened between us yesterday?"

I was like what the...

"Yeah, I came for a check-up and the doctor confirmed"