31 Happy Tears

Part 31 Happy Tears

My father gulped down hard, seeing Akash at Mini Palace. He blabbered about Mithra Gupta, unaware of Akash's presence. Mr. Arvind Singh Raizada was shocked like hell. He looked at me like, *why didn't you tell me about Akash's presence? * How would I tell him when it was purely my PLAN?

I didn't want to list out Mrs. Gupta's deeds to Akash. He might think I was exaggerating. I wanted SOMEONE to do that on the behalf of me. Who could do that perfectly more than my father? So, I brought him to the Mini Palace, switching my phone OFF. I knew he would come here if I was not at the office. He would have called the office landline and got to know I was not at the office. This was why I didn't deny it when Akash wanted to drop us at Mini Palace. So that, he would hear something about Mithra Gupta from my father too. As I planned, my father got trapped in his own web.

Akash descended the stairs, looking at him with a shocked expression... Of course, Khushi also. She didn't expect this issue would extend to this extent. She would have understood by now, why I asked Akash to park his car in the carriage. To HIDE Akash's presence in the Mini Palace from my father only I asked him to do that. I didn't want my father to get ALERT, seeing Akash's car.

"Damadji, you here?" My father stammered.

"Didn't you expect me here?" Came from Akash.

"No... actually, I came to meet Chotte..."

"How do you know he would be at home at this hour?"

Even I didn't expect, Akash would raise the question.

"I... I called him and he said..."

"Lie... I came with him to Mini Palace. I know he didn't attend your call"

"He won't attend any call when driving"

"It was me who drove the car"

My father got stuck as he didn't see Akash's car outside.

"What did you say about Mrs. Gupta?" Akash asked addressing Mithra as Mrs. Gupta instead of MOM.

"Me...? Nothing... I just..."

"Uncle, I have a huge respect for you... so, stop lying" Akash said irately.

I wanted to laugh. Was that day of lashing IN-LAWS? I just did that to my in-laws and now, it was Akash's turn.

"No, Damadji... I won't lie... actually, I want Arnav to be careful"

Akash folded his hands and looked at my father sharply.

"Don't you trust me? (my father looked at me) Chotte, tell him,"

My father probably expected me to help him. I was supposed to say something, Akash showed his palm towards me, not taking his eyes from my father, and said,

"I want you to be out of this, Arnav. This is the matter between me and my father-in-law,"

"Ok..." I said coolly and my father looked at me disappointedly.

"Why did you say Payal is under her CUSTODY?"

My father was embarrassed.

"Do you know what is mean by CUSTODY?" Akash asked.

"I didn't mean it... I mean, she will be safe with Mrs. Gupta"

Akash glared at my father.

"Talking to you is a waste of time. I know with whom to talk" He walked toward the door to leave Mini Palace not wanting to talk to my father anymore. My father became nervous.