32 Shashi's Reaction

Part 32 Shashi's Reaction (Long update)

I got to know something, Khushi's wound was deeper than I thought. She was struggling in pain. I understood I had the responsibility of healing her wound. I caressed her hair. That broadened her smile. I knew she didn't lay on my lap to sleep nor did she do that because she had right in me. I didn't think I replaced her mother with me just because she felt safe and secure with me. Still, I didn't know if she accepted me as her husband.

After a few minutes, Khushi got up from my lap and said,

"Shall I prepare something for you?"

I nodded okay as I had important work to do.

She ran downstairs and I followed her to see the reaction of the servants. She descended the stairs. At the same time, REJECTED servants came there with their luggage to leave Mini Palace. Khushi stopped, seeing them.

"We are leaving your Highness," Dolly said.

Khushi slightly shook her left hand with attitude and walked towards the kitchen. Before entering the kitchen, she looked behind and saw them looking at her.

"What?" She asked.

They nodded their head from left to right and headed outside. Khushi went to the kitchen and I came back to our room. I saw neatly arranged Khushi's things in another cupboard. I saw a few files in the top rack. I pulled them and checked them one by one. The first was her school and college certificates. I was amazed, she completed her Master's in English literature. She scored high marks in the twelfth standard. She could have chosen some Technical fields and could have easily gotten a seat. Then why did she choose ENGLISH? I didn't know whether English was her interest or forced on her, just like our marriage. Another file had her school extracurricular activities certificates and the last one had the farewell notes of her school and college friends. Taking her school certificate file, I turned to leave the place, but I stopped, seeing a medium-sized wooden box in the cupboard. I opened it and saw a woman's photo had been stuck in it. It was not hard for me to guess who the woman was... Khushi's mother... my Mother-in-law...! Yes, Akash was right... Payal had a slight resemblance with her. I saw a few more things in the box. A small golden spoon, a golden bowl, a tiny anklet, a chain, a pair of bangles, a hip chain, and a card. Taking the card, I gave it a look. It was Khushi's vaccination card. It had all the details of Khushi's vaccination. I guessed those were Khushi's childhood things. She was keeping them with the memories of her mother. I closed the box and the cupboard.

Taking the file, I came to the couch and turned on my laptop. I completed the process of sending Khushi's application to Alan's Culinary College, attaching the details of her marks and vaccination dates. Shutting down my laptop, I called Alan to convey the matter of Khushi's application even though I was not sure he would attend my call. I didn't want her application to be rejected for any reason. I believed Alan would not let it happen but he didn't accept the call. I didn't feel bad. He was a busy man with many work. So, I sent an email to his ID. Keeping the file back in the cupboard, I was about to go downstairs to see what my wife was doing in the kitchen when my phone rang. To my surprise, the call was from the great Chef Alan Smith. I attended the call immediately.

"Hello, sir, I hope I'm not disturbing you," I said.

"No no...tell me," Alan said.

"Sir, we just applied for a culinary course at your college"

"Did you really do that?" he asked with disbelief.

"Of course, sir. Didn't I say about Khushi's passion?"

"But, I didn't take it seriously because many people say so when I meet them but they won't join my college" he chuckled.

"I don't know about them but Khushi wants to be the student of the great Chef. It's her dream" I said.