25 Family

Part 25 Family

"For this program only you asked me to take a hair clip and not want to leave my saree single-pleated?" Khushi asked me.

"Yeah, you may have healthy hair, but your Chef won't like to see your free hair and a single-pleated saree would not have been comfortable for you"

Khushi mildly smiled.

"I... I like this saree" She said in a low tone.

I smiled.

"I know you know that" She added.

My smile brightened.

"How do you know?"

"You looked delighted when you draped Di's saree... I just guessed you would like it"

"How did you get the blouse stitched?" She asked the million-dollar question. After all, it was the toughest task to satisfy a woman with a blouse.

"Di helped me. As both your measurements are the same, it was not so difficult for me to get it stitched"

"You think a lot, don't you?" She asked me.

"Of course, I do... You are my WIFE, Khushi. What else other than YOU would I think?" I said that to make her understand she was my most important person.

Khushi gazed at me. I smiled inwardly. She had no idea about accepting me as her husband. I knew that. After all, she wanted to go away from me...! From here on, she should not think of leaving me. That was my goal.

"By the way, why are you looking at me as if I'm an alien?" I asked.

"You are not an Alien but an ANGEL," She said emotionally.

I was speechless to hear that. It was so early for me to get such a credit from Khushi. I didn't expect it. She turned opposite to me when I looked at her.

"Just relax... There is nothing to get emotional..." I said.

She looked at me gulping down. I assumed the meaning of her look.

"Is not there a lot to get emotional about?" She questioned.

I looked at her plainly.

"You have no idea what you have done to me... you have fulfilled my lifetime ambition of meeting Alan Sir and made me cook with him... made me teach him... you made me a CHEF of a great chef. It means a lot to me"

I just smiled.

"But, Arnav, did you think of the risk?"

"What risk?"

"People will get to know my participation in the program when the program telecast"

"Of course, we could not stop people from watching it"

"I'm not talking about it, Arnav," she said worriedly.

"I know what you are talking about, Khushi. Why do you bother when I'm with you?"

"You will have to face Mrs. Gupta's anger"

"Won't I get angry? I too will get angry, Khushi... ask my mother and cousins about my anger..."

"Would your anger harm anyone? Would it spoil anyone's life? But, her anger does..."

I looked at her restless form.

"Your father is scared a lot about Mrs. Gupta. He pleaded with me yesterday not to cook, it was awkward to handle an old man's plea Arnav," She said painfully.